Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum

Waxahachie, Texas
Must See

FredAckelbee
Abilene, Texas

Recommended experiences in and around Dallas
from $18.40
Dallas CityPASS
19 Reviews
from $51.00
from $62.95
from $119.99
More Info
All reviews memorial room graphic photos world war ii humbling experience own pace small exhibit audio tour world history school groups first hand across the street take your time artifacts stories jewish information concentration
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very informative experience and a lot to take in. There is a lot of reading and videos to take your time with. There is a very cool hologram presentation with a survivor who will answer your questions. History is remember here and the victims and survivors are honored.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are into history, and want to know even more of the Holocaust, this is a very good place to visit. We spent four hours there and could have stayed all day. Price is worth it. It is conveniently located in the West End area, close to a DART train station (one block), and excellent, informative exhibits.

Reviewed October 29, 2019

This museum opened its new exhibition building in September 2019. A group of friends attended a private event, having an introduction to how the museum was conceived and built, before taking a tour through the museum.
While visitors won’t have the talk, the tour showed us what a magnificent this museum is at so many levels. It’s so much more than a history museum about a dreadful time. While the world said “Never Again” after WWII, the museum shows us through impactful exhibits that we, citizens of the world, continue to conduct genocide. Each of the exhibits addresses a different component of genocide and uses a genocide from different parts of the world or history.
Lest you thinking this is a depressing museum, it’s not. Rather, the museum brings in an outstanding exhibit of people who have stood up to genocide across the globe and then asks us what we would do.
I wouldn’t bring children younger than middle school age, many of the films are grim. But tweens and teens can learn a lot. The museum is working to bring school groups in to learn about the Holocaust and genocide, challenging the young people to stand up against social injustice.
The museum is located close to the school book repository museum making it easy to have a deep
dive into our history.

Reviewed October 24, 2019 via mobile

I took my parents here. We spent at least 3 hours, and still did not quite see everything!

It was very educational and so well put together. Along with readers, there were also artifacts, interactive experiences, videos, and stories of survivors.

Along with halocaust items, there is also a large display of various human genocides throughout history and exhibits on human rights issues.

I was very impressed and feel this is one of the best museums I have been to ever, and I've been to a lot.
I did not see the original before they redesigned, so I cannot compare it.

The museum is heavy, but I left with a new outlook on human rights and the value of human life. This is a must see!

Reviewed October 18, 2019

Me my partner and a friend visited here recently. It has been recently opened all the exhibits are excellent with interactive features throughout the museum. Some of it we found very moving. A great place to go if you have an interest in Human rights or are studying the subject

Date of experience: September 2019