TripAdvisor
Search
Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum
Review Highlights
Thought provoking museum

This newly opened museum not only provides deep insight into the Holocaust, but has developed new... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
549gabyf
via mobile
A somber moving experience

Very informative experience and a lot to take in. There is a lot of reading and videos to take... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
TxTen4
Waxahachie, Texas

Recommended experiences in and around Dallas
from $18.40
Dallas CityPASS
19 Reviews
from $51.00
from $62.95
from $119.99
More Info
All reviews memorial room graphic photos world war ii humbling experience own pace small exhibit audio tour world history school groups first hand across the street take your time artifacts stories jewish information concentration
Selected filters
Reviewed October 29, 2019

This museum opened its new exhibition building in September 2019. A group of friends attended a private event, having an introduction to how the museum was conceived and built, before taking a tour through the museum.
While visitors won’t have the talk, the tour showed us what a magnificent this museum is at so many levels. It’s so much more than a history museum about a dreadful time. While the world said “Never Again” after WWII, the museum shows us through impactful exhibits that we, citizens of the world, continue to conduct genocide. Each of the exhibits addresses a different component of genocide and uses a genocide from different parts of the world or history.
Lest you thinking this is a depressing museum, it’s not. Rather, the museum brings in an outstanding exhibit of people who have stood up to genocide across the globe and then asks us what we would do.
I wouldn’t bring children younger than middle school age, many of the films are grim. But tweens and teens can learn a lot. The museum is working to bring school groups in to learn about the Holocaust and genocide, challenging the young people to stand up against social injustice.
The museum is located close to the school book repository museum making it easy to have a deep
dive into our history.

Reviewed October 24, 2019 via mobile

I took my parents here. We spent at least 3 hours, and still did not quite see everything!

It was very educational and so well put together. Along with readers, there were also artifacts, interactive experiences, videos, and stories of survivors.

Along with halocaust items, there is also a large display of various human genocides throughout history and exhibits on human rights issues.

I was very impressed and feel this is one of the best museums I have been to ever, and I've been to a lot.
I did not see the original before they redesigned, so I cannot compare it.

The museum is heavy, but I left with a new outlook on human rights and the value of human life. This is a must see!

Reviewed October 18, 2019

Me my partner and a friend visited here recently. It has been recently opened all the exhibits are excellent with interactive features throughout the museum. Some of it we found very moving. A great place to go if you have an interest in Human rights or are studying the subject

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed October 17, 2019 via mobile

Incredible, interesting, educational, immersive experience. You can read, listen or watch in many different areas. There are interactive video activities, a 45 minute film of Holocaust oral testimonies in a comfortable theater setting, and an intimate holographic experience with a local survivor. This new museum has an expanded focus to include human rights in the US and history of several international genocides. The Holocaust content is still the primary focus. Highly recommended!

Reviewed October 15, 2019 via mobile

We originally planned to attend the Dallas Arboretum, however when we arrived, all lots were already full and closed. Instead of trying to locate parking we opted to check out something else in the area.
The Dallas holocaust and human rights museum recently opened and I mentioned to my friends I would like to check it out. My friend and her 14 yo daughter both said they would love to go!!!

This is an amazing journey back in time. The holocaust exhibit is absolutely incredible. First of all, plan to spend pretty much all day there. There is so much information, audios, videos, real objects and photos from local who lived through it and made it to America. Photos and items that family members were able to collect and donate for display. It’s heartbreaking, interesting, somewhat overwhelming as well. Information overload st times. We actually spent 3 hours through the main exhibit and by the time we neared the end, it was time to close the Museum. We had to just truck through the genocide and human rights portion. I’ll definitely go back just to complete those two sections.
I highly suggest going through this exhibit, but get there very early so you can take in all the additional information beyond the main holocaust portion.