“Forget Me Not”

Ranked #20 of 236 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance offers a core exhibit that exposes three key events that occurred on "One Day During the Holocaust". A special travelling exhibit, video graphed eyewitness testimonies of survivors, and artifacts offer visitors a well-rounded understanding of this horrific part of world history. Visitors leave the Museum with answers to the question, how could this happen? Due to the somber topic and graphic historical photographs in the exhibits, the Museum is not recommended for children under the age of 10. However, parents should note that this Museum hosts more than 30,000 school children each year. The audio guided tour teaches the differences between bystander and Upstander behavior and the value of choices.
Dallas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Forget Me Not”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Wonderful experience! We took our exchange students with us, one from Germany and one from France (who was Jewish). It was a moving experience for us all...

1 Thank mammyjill

Denton, Texas
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“a day”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Loved how they looked at what the rest of the world was doing during this tragic time.

2 Thank Tammi L
Dallas area
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“Important story... disappointing venue”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I was downtown at a conference and had a little time so visited the Dallas Holocaust Museum. It doesn't cost much to get in but be prepared before you go and know that it is VERY small. I spent about 35 minutes there. I couldn't escape comparing it with the Washington, DC National Holocaust Memorial which I've visited several times; and this small Museum came up pretty short. I honor the story told; but I also think visitors click onto TripAdvisor to get the facts. If you've never visited a Holocause Memorail Museum then by all means go. Regardless of how small the venue the story must and forever be told... we must never forget.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank ls1202
Illinois
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Small but good.”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I liked it but we were close to closing time (within a hour). I did kind of rush through it. If you don't know much about the Holocaust, it is a good beginning. It is small though.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank CruiserIllinois
Dallas, Texas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Truthful history that everyone should know!”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

This mseum tells the whole story ... about how the world stood by and let the Holocaust happen. I am so glad to see a museum that addresses the failure of the world to stop the genocide. I enjoyed this museum even more the the Holocaust museum in Berlin, Germany!

Visited November 2011
3 Thank elainepirwin

Been to Dallas Holocaust Museum? Share your experiences!