“a day”

Ranked #23 of 248 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance offers a core exhibit that exposes three key events that occurred on "One Day During the Holocaust". A special travelling exhibit, video graphed eyewitness testimonies of survivors, and artifacts offer visitors a well-rounded understanding of this horrific part of world history. Visitors leave the Museum with answers to the question, how could this happen? Due to the somber topic and graphic historical photographs in the exhibits, the Museum is not recommended for children under the age of 10. However, parents should note that this Museum hosts more than 30,000 school children each year. The audio guided tour teaches the differences between bystander and Upstander behavior and the value of choices.
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Loved how they looked at what the rest of the world was doing during this tragic time.

2  Thank Tammi L

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I was downtown at a conference and had a little time so visited the Dallas Holocaust Museum. It doesn't cost much to get in but be prepared before you go and know that it is VERY small. I spent about 35 minutes there. I couldn't escape comparing it with the Washington, DC National Holocaust Memorial which I've visited several times; and this small Museum came up pretty short. I honor the story told; but I also think visitors click onto TripAdvisor to get the facts. If you've never visited a Holocause Memorail Museum then by all means go. Regardless of how small the venue the story must and forever be told... we must never forget.

1  Thank ls1202
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I liked it but we were close to closing time (within a hour). I did kind of rush through it. If you don't know much about the Holocaust, it is a good beginning. It is small though.

1  Thank CruiserIllinois
Reviewed November 26, 2011

This mseum tells the whole story ... about how the world stood by and let the Holocaust happen. I am so glad to see a museum that addresses the failure of the world to stop the genocide. I enjoyed this museum even more the the Holocaust museum in Berlin, Germany!

3  Thank elainepirwin
Reviewed November 12, 2011

We were staying at a downtown hotel and we had wanted to do some walking and site seeing before we left Dallas. My hubby found the museum. Its small and wished it had been bigger but the lasting affect still lingers inside you when you leave. We just happened to meet TWO survivors and I felt so blessed and lucky to have. I am a WWII history lover and this is the closest I have ever come to.

1  Thank LEESA G

Been to Dallas Holocaust Museum? Share your experiences!