“Clean, quiet, comfortable and near major freeway.”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr.
Ranked #119 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Clean, quiet, comfortable and near major freeway.”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This being my first time staying at Extended Stay America- I found the room to be clean, quiet, safe, and comfortable. If you're on a budget, the unit had a full size fridge, a smal stove, microwave and a full size iron to press out the wrickles :) There are laundry facilities on the property and never a line to use them.

The front dest staff was always polite, and knowlegable of the area. There are laun

BIG PLUS . . . Red Lobster, Outback Steak House and Olive Garden are less than a stones throw distance away from the hotel- GREAT LOCATION !

Room Tip: I found the first floor room to be quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lamont R
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr., responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fabulous review. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed the kitchen, location, and especially the staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel 8/10-8/12. We had a double suite (two full beds plus a sleeper sofa). I'm used to Motel 6 and the like, so this was nice. Had a small kitchen, nice quiet clean room. The beds left something to be desired and were not very comfortable but other than that I have nothing bad to say. Centrally located within walking distance of several decent restaurants. Freeway noise from the 635 kinda sucked but wasn't bad once I got used to it. Overall, I would stay in this hotel again if I travel to Dallas.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Clittle580
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr., responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, so I apologize that the beds were not 100% to your satisfaction and the freeway noise level was a bit higher than would normally be desired. Still, overall, it sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly enjoyed having you.

Richardson, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I am currently staying at this location. At first glance, there are no interior rooms and there are many places to eat nearby. The facilities appear to not be slummy, but the people hanging out in the parking lot made me feel uncomfortable. I don't feel comfortable just walking outside for any extended amount of time, so in affect i feel a bit trapped.

At check in, the hotel clerk never made eye contact, nor did he try to make any conversation. He was definitely not rude though. I would say he was preoccupied and absorbed in his duties.

I arrived early the clerk couldn't get me in immediately but he did get me in my room 3 hrs before check in time, and I very much appreciated that. He handed me my hotel room key and explained that I would be on the first floor. He went on to say that laundry was on the 2nd floor. hmmm??

So when i got to my room I was afraid (due to the reviews), but the room was actually very attractive and clean. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm still pleasantly surprised except for the fact that the reviews are dead on about the beds. They are not at all comfortable. Still I sleep like a rock, so it's ok for the short term. (If I were staying longer, it would be an issue). The second issue..laundry upstairs? Really? hmm ok.

The room is cute and functional, though a bit small for my taste.

What's in the room: Full sized refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, two burner stove, dishwasher, plenty of storage space for my belongings, breakfast bar that doubles as a desk and also where the television rests, sleeper sofa (pretty dingy mattress, my son chose not to sleep on it), coffee table, one queen sized bed, large full length mirror and a hair dryer.

There is a two day supply of wash rags and towels, however there were no dish rags, cup towels or pot holders. There was one frying pan, but no pot for non fried foods.

I don't believe there is a pool at this location, but that's ok because I generally don't swim in public pools anyways.

Overall I like this hotel, It is pretty quiet at night and semi-quiet during the day. As with all hotels, there is always that one guest who likes to occasionally walk by your room speaking loudly and slamming their door on the way out. I guess we have all been guilty of that at some point.

The hotel isn't overly welcoming, but it has nice rooms for a good price, just bring your own mattress cover (for comfort) and don't plan on spending anytime outdoors.

As with all extended stay properties, you provide your own food. If breakfast is served it's not anything more than bagels and you have to walk across the parking lot to get it. (I chose to just make my own.)

Room Tip: laundry is on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tinkerbtch
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr., responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Dallas - North - Park Central. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I have stayed here my times during the past few years. The hotel staff is both professional and makes you feel like family.

Room Tip: Building 2 facing building 3 is are the best room, in my opinion
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Alan G
West, Texas
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I read the reviews before I left to stay here...I booked it third part, otherwise I wouldn't have chosen this hotel after reading these reviews....anywho, this is how my trip went...

I got to the hotel on Friday evening and checked in and went to my room. When I opened the door I noticed all the lights where on, the bed was a mess, towels all over the bathroom, and a bowl of water near the bed full of cigarette buts. So I went back to the front desk and they upgraded me to a king suite, so that was a plus. Before I went to this hotel I checked out the reviews, over half of them bad...REALLY BAD, I had never seen reviews like this on a hotel. So it made me a little paranoid. So I get to my king suite and do a run-down of this room, checking everything. and everything seemed clean. when I got to going to bed, I noticed they wrapped the mattresses and box springs in plastic. I am guessing for the bed bugs I had read about in their reviews. It made for an uncomfortable nights sleep. The next day I am laying in bed, and I feel something crawling on my calve...lo and behold...A ROACH!! just like the reviews, and that same day I found another roach crawling around on the ceiling. Also saw a gnat flying around my face. I gave a 4 for the quality of service because they were very accommodating and apologetic to the situation and upgraded me to a king suite. Room Comfort was a 1, after the plastic around the bed and the roaches, I felt really uncomfortable staying in the room. Location - 3 - It was next to 635 and was next door to quit a few restaurants, didn't seem like a bad neighborhood either...I would not stay here again, or recommend anyone stay here.

Also, it was a little noisy in the room, the door looks like it wasn't sized for the frame correctly. That plus 635, didn't make for a quiet room. I was also staying on the top floor, I was hoping this would help with any kind of infestations, I had read on here.

I would suggest you spend a little bit more, and not stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Codecca
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This was a nice comfortable, roomy hotel and great for an extended stay. Nice, friendly, professional staff at the front desk. Housekeeping was good and maintenance fast and friendly if something needed to be fixed.
Rooms are large and have mostly all that you would need if you are home away from home and not wanting to go out and buy extras such as towels, linens,cookware, etc. Beds are comfortable, bathroom/vanity area is good size.
You have all the neccessary amenities for the kitchen and Kroger/Wal-Mart are not very far for shopping. The hotel is near several great restaurants and small shops.
The rooms are a little expensive for the week but judging by another extended stay hotel I stayed in whilst waiting for an apartment to become available you do get a better room and service. Just a reminder--should you stay up to a month or more besure that you mention this at check in so that you can qualify for the tax waiver at the end of 30 days. They do not tell you this at check-in and if you wait until later you will not be able to get it.
Another great thing about this hotel is that it is about a 7 minute walk to LBJ Central Rail Station but be careful at night as this area can be very dark which is odd considering it is surrounded by several businesses and apartment complexes. A very bad thing on the City of Dallas or whomever is in charge of street lights in the neighbourhood.
The only downside was the small fitness room that I do believe could do with a good cleaning. Just a bit of a turn-off to see dust and hair all over the place when you are on the machines.
The hotel is near a very busy road way so depending on your location you will get a lot of traffic noise especially in the morning.
Otherwise this is a very good extended stay hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Let me count the reasons not to stay here.
Creepy people around and mooches. Cockroaches are having a party here. Gnat problem, determined my AC unit was the source because it was no nasty. It also had a dead cockroach in it as well. Moldy coffee bag left in the coffee pot. A fridge that sounds like someone is in there with a hammer when it cuts off. Not well taken care of and not very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business