“Nice and Convenient”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Vantage Point Dr.
Ranked #122 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I have stayed here my times during the past few years. The hotel staff is both professional and makes you feel like family.

Room Tip: Building 2 facing building 3 is are the best room, in my opinion
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Alan G
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Dallas - North - Park Central. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I read the reviews before I left to stay here...I booked it third part, otherwise I wouldn't have chosen this hotel after reading these reviews....anywho, this is how my trip went...

I got to the hotel on Friday evening and checked in and went to my room. When I opened the door I noticed all the lights where on, the bed was a mess, towels all over the bathroom, and a bowl of water near the bed full of cigarette buts. So I went back to the front desk and they upgraded me to a king suite, so that was a plus. Before I went to this hotel I checked out the reviews, over half of them bad...REALLY BAD, I had never seen reviews like this on a hotel. So it made me a little paranoid. So I get to my king suite and do a run-down of this room, checking everything. and everything seemed clean. when I got to going to bed, I noticed they wrapped the mattresses and box springs in plastic. I am guessing for the bed bugs I had read about in their reviews. It made for an uncomfortable nights sleep. The next day I am laying in bed, and I feel something crawling on my calve...lo and behold...A ROACH!! just like the reviews, and that same day I found another roach crawling around on the ceiling. Also saw a gnat flying around my face. I gave a 4 for the quality of service because they were very accommodating and apologetic to the situation and upgraded me to a king suite. Room Comfort was a 1, after the plastic around the bed and the roaches, I felt really uncomfortable staying in the room. Location - 3 - It was next to 635 and was next door to quit a few restaurants, didn't seem like a bad neighborhood either...I would not stay here again, or recommend anyone stay here.

Also, it was a little noisy in the room, the door looks like it wasn't sized for the frame correctly. That plus 635, didn't make for a quiet room. I was also staying on the top floor, I was hoping this would help with any kind of infestations, I had read on here.

I would suggest you spend a little bit more, and not stay here.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Codecca
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This was a nice comfortable, roomy hotel and great for an extended stay. Nice, friendly, professional staff at the front desk. Housekeeping was good and maintenance fast and friendly if something needed to be fixed.
Rooms are large and have mostly all that you would need if you are home away from home and not wanting to go out and buy extras such as towels, linens,cookware, etc. Beds are comfortable, bathroom/vanity area is good size.
You have all the neccessary amenities for the kitchen and Kroger/Wal-Mart are not very far for shopping. The hotel is near several great restaurants and small shops.
The rooms are a little expensive for the week but judging by another extended stay hotel I stayed in whilst waiting for an apartment to become available you do get a better room and service. Just a reminder--should you stay up to a month or more besure that you mention this at check in so that you can qualify for the tax waiver at the end of 30 days. They do not tell you this at check-in and if you wait until later you will not be able to get it.
Another great thing about this hotel is that it is about a 7 minute walk to LBJ Central Rail Station but be careful at night as this area can be very dark which is odd considering it is surrounded by several businesses and apartment complexes. A very bad thing on the City of Dallas or whomever is in charge of street lights in the neighbourhood.
The only downside was the small fitness room that I do believe could do with a good cleaning. Just a bit of a turn-off to see dust and hair all over the place when you are on the machines.
The hotel is near a very busy road way so depending on your location you will get a lot of traffic noise especially in the morning.
Otherwise this is a very good extended stay hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Let me count the reasons not to stay here.
Creepy people around and mooches. Cockroaches are having a party here. Gnat problem, determined my AC unit was the source because it was no nasty. It also had a dead cockroach in it as well. Moldy coffee bag left in the coffee pot. A fridge that sounds like someone is in there with a hammer when it cuts off. Not well taken care of and not very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank jlnco
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I stayed here because my trip was extended a day. The property seems nice from the outside. Hallways had piled up, soiled linens. There were men on laptops, playing loud music in the halls. These halls are on the outside. There were no interior hallways.
The room was ok on first glance. After I got settled, I noticed some chips in the wallpaint. Old mattresses. Broken air con cover. Mold in the shower. Soap, but no shampoo. The microwave oven smelled. There were stains on the bath towels. The tv is about 15 years old.

When I went to lock the door that evening, the front door deadbolt didn't work. So I had to rely on the latch. Not a great feeling to say the least.
Oh, I forgot....I didn't have a reservation. I chose this hotel because of it's location.
The lady at the front desk was unsure if there was availability. I gave her my ID and a credit card and she still made me sign three invoices and initial in three places. I felt like I was taking out a mortgage. It was ridiculous. The room rate I paid, was 15 dollars higher than the internet rate.

I left the next morning as soon as I got up. I will not be back and I seriously recommend you do not stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank PatrickErvin
Reviewed July 3, 2009

terrible terrible terrible. The AC was leaking so much water. The bathroom toilet overflowed. The room was dirty. Very dirty. I requested to be moved to another room the following day. They told me there would be a room available by 3pm. I returned from shopping at 7pm, only to find out there is no other room. I had to make a reservation at another hotel. They would not issue a refund. If possble. DO NOT STAY HERE. the maintenance guy said the building is so old there is nothing they can do about the plumbing.I am sure they have a mold problem by now.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank lmill25
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We were in town for New Year's holiday and wanted a place close to our points of interest which was shopping and the Cotton Bowl. This hotel was the perfect place to stay. There are 4 restaurants on the same block of the hotel (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, and Cheddar's) that makes it very easy to find good food close. We walked to Olive Garden for dinner one night and Outback Steakhouse the second night. The Holiday Inn and Suites is located on the other end of the block and we saw people walking from it to the restaurants also. Our hotel was clean, safe, and newly remodelled. The room was a bit smaller than expected but for two people it was very accomodating. The kitchen was helpful as we like to have a cup of coffee and eat breakfast before heading out for the day. We were not afraid to walk to our car when we came in late both nights as the hotel seems to be in a nice part of Dallas. There are two upscaled apartment complexes across the street from the hotel along with the restaurants on the other side which made us feel much better about the location. The hotel within 4 miles of the Northpark shopping area as well as the Galleria and the night life of Lower Greenville Avenue. There is a DART public parking lot 3 miles south on Greenville Ave where you can park and ride the DART to any part of Dallas you want to go. There are other DART locations closer but no public parking. Believe me, DART is the only way to get around in Dallas especially if you are wanting to go to Downtown Dallas. When we return to Dallas, we will likely stay at the Extended Stay again. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Its very easy to find at the corner of I-635 and Greenville Avenue.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)