“Nosh in Highland Park”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Wycliff
Description: Award winning Chef Avner Samuel has opened NOSH Euro bistro and bar. The stylish eatery is located in the space formerly occupied by his ultra lavish Aurora. The expanded space includes a full bar, additional seating areas and a food bar that has been incorporated into the open kitchen. The menu, featuring casual European/Mediterranean inspired fare is offered throughout the day from 11:00am until 11:00pm. A relaxed and comfortable atmosphere complements the moderately priced food and wine list. The bar and dining room have been completely renovated. Look for daily featured Happy Hour items to NOSH on while enjoying one of our specialty cocktails and wines by the glass. Chef Avner is committed to providing tremendous value with quality products, advanced food preparation techniques and great prices. Please join us for lunch, dinner or drop in after work to NOSH on a few items at the bar before heading home for the day.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is another small resturant in Highland Park but very nice on the inside. Room to walk and comfortable seating. I was there for lunch had the Pastrami Reuben sandwich under "Mains". This sandwich was large and "man friendly". It was too big for me so I brought the other half back to work. It came with fries and the cost was $12.99. My co-worker had the Pasta of Rabbit & Duck Confit with egg pasta & sweet peas, also for $12.99. She said it was very good and it looked good to me but I don't it sweet little rabbits and fluffy little ducks! The waiter we had was also the bartendar and "delivery receiver" so at the end of our meal we told him we wanted to see the dessert menu and I wanted to take my remaining sandwich with me. He smiled and took off with the sandwich but we never saw him again. HA! When finally got up and got our dessert menu our self and another waiter shot over to see if he could him. Buy this we just want our ticket and my sandwich so we could get back to work. Our waiter finally showed up, grining from ear to ear with our ticket but didn't give us an answer as to where it was. I will not give out his name though. I will go back and if I get him again I'll tell him not to zoom off.

1  Thank karen m

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our party of five got 4 appetizers, which we shared. We had a special: fiddlehead ferns, which were cooked appropriately, but without much flavor. Another appetizer special was an heirloom tomato salad with gorgonzola, balsamic vinegar, and a basil infused oil. The tomatoes were sweet and tasty when I cleaned the gorgonzola off the slices, but were otherwise impossible to taste. I love gorgonzola, but you really have to tread lightly if you are highlighting a mildly flavored ingredient; they might as well have used supermarket Romas. The vinegar was an attractive, barely there thread that required work to get onto the food. The third appetizer was the wagyu meatballs which were very good. The favorite appetizer was the crispy Moroccan spiced beef cigars - yum!

Our main dishes included a halibut special, which was presented completely differently than it was described. Apparently the chef was inspired, but he might have shared that with the waiter and us before it was delivered. And it was a special, so why did he change his mind part way through dinner? It was fine, though. The diver scallops were the best dish of the night - perfect down to the last little pearl of couscous. The ahi tuna was beautifully cooked, although I never tasted the fennel. The duck confit egg pasta and sweet peas was perfect comfort food, although it was visually a depressing symphony in brown. A lot more peas would have helped with that.

The profiteroles were a perfect dessert, although the banana croissant pudding seemed a little gummy in texture. The latter may be what's intended, but we didn't like it.

Our waiter was excellent; his service couldn't have been better.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had an absolutely amazing meal at Nosh with longtime chef Avner Samuel cooking in the kitchen.
Starting with seared foir gras and escargot in garlic butter that melted in your mouth. both were perfect.
Even the bread with the escargot for dipping was a perfectly grilled baguette.

We had the special copper river salmon; a large piece seared and served with plenty of delicious fresh vegetables.
The scallops entree had large sweet and plump. scallops, served over couscous with an unbelievable sauce.
For desert try the banana croissant bread pudding. As good as it sounds.

The wine list has a large assortment of wines by the glass including some specials not on the menu.
Our server was knowledgable, polite and there when we needed him.

The Highland Park location is close to downtown as well. Its one of the best meals in Dallas and we eat out often.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nice place, Great Food, Good Bar service. Vitto has this place running great. Had Duck with Pasta, Great. Nice place to enjoy wine with food. Will return

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Once I found this gem a few years ago this is the first place we return to when we go to Dallas. We frequently eat there 2-3 times on the weekend. The menu is quite variable and it has items you cannot find elsewhere. The service is attentive and not overbearing. The atmosphere is energetic at peak times. We prefer to sit at the chef's table to see the action. Last time we had the chef's tasting menu and it was superb. This way you can try several items (which may not even be on the menu) in smaller portions. The wine selection is outstanding. If you cannot enjoy the food here you may be too stressed out... A big plus: above the bar there is a big-screen TV which shows the activities in the kitchen area.