“JAVIER'S # 1 BEST Mexico Cuisine! :)”

Javier's Gourmet Mexicano
Ranked #90 of 3,578 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
rockwall
“JAVIER'S # 1 BEST Mexico Cuisine! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

This has been my ALL time Favorite!!! From the appetizer "cheeze paella" served table-side, Entree's ,Shrimp Baredea Navida, Filet Di'conteflaus. ( excuse the spelling). Not only is the atmosphere great but sometimes the STARS eat here. Last one I saw was Wynonna Judd. Cigar lounge is great! Oops! & the Margaritas :)
A little loud in the front dining area but other rooms to go to. 5 STAR all the way!!!

Visited October 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Terrible service, expected a lot more.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We went to Javier's for a birthday dinner the night before Thanksgiving. The service was terrible & the food wasn't much better. Maybe they had bad stuff on b/c it was so close to a holiday? (wishful thinking)
I'd heard such great things about Javier's that we decided to give it a try. Now we can say we've tried it but I don't think we'll be back again.
The service was really what turned us off the most. Our server wasn't personable & was hardly ever around. A big disappointment (much better places to spend money at in Dallas than here.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank BrussoDallas
Springfield, missouri
“Excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Javier's is the classiest Mexican dining place I have ever been. You drive up to see a friendly greeting staff with valet personal. Then the food was just wonderful. We love the place. It is a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. Better get reservations for sure. :-)

• Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Like it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

If have to compare with Hugo's in Houston I'd say the food were better in Hugo's,don't get me wrong- it was really nice,but not wow, but the atmosphere were just great, especially the cigar room, for us, from UK, it was such a nice feelings to be able to have a smoke inside,sitting with great cocktails( I know smoking kills,but stress do it better)
Will I go again when I'm in Dallas- definitely yes!

• Visited November 2012
“Great food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

This place is really busy so you must have reservations. We went on a Saturday and the bar was absolutely packed - everyone was standing. The food was fantastic. The margaritas were very good. I enjoyed the unique atmosphere. It's not a fine dining atmosphere, but it's a great restaurant.

Visited October 2012