“Great food and atmosphere. But what food?????”

MoMo Italian Kitchen
Ranked #705 of 3,900 Restaurants in Dallas
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dallas oldest Italian owned restaurant, and the original MoMo, is still going strong. We offer many dishes from all over Italy. Everything is made from scratch in our kitchen and we use the highest quality ingredients we can find. Don't forget we are BYOB!
Reviewed December 30, 2012

A ladies night out with high food expectations. Oh it was soooo good.but each entre was about 5-6 bites. they were appetizer size and at the prices to order 2 entrees each would have been over the top. Everyone went home hungry. It is a byob bottle place, but even tho a couple of us did not drink wine a corkage fee was charged for each person.
A special rolled pasta dish was delish but only 7 spirals of rolled pasta were on the plate. This is a neighborhood place and should be plentiful with food as Italian is very inexpensive to make. First and last time. There are many Italian restaurants in Dallas area that know how to feed you like italians eat. Way too expensive for what you get and location is not high rent to justify the prices .

1  Thank Carolea G

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Outside doesn't look like much but the food is excellent italian fare. Give it a try.

Reviewed January 29, 2009

I have grown up going to this place, the food and service are always consistant. The pasta is perfectly prepared and all fish, seafood and meats are very fresh. The free bread and pesto sauce is the best! I would dine here every night if I could afford it!

Reviewed August 19, 2008

I went all the way to Momo's based on Trip Advisor reviews and b/c I am Italian and grew up with authentic Italian food I rushed to this restaurant. I ordered the special of the day which was a pink cream sauce, spaghetti, salmon and shrimp. The salmon was so fishy tasting the and the noodles dry and sticky that I couldn't eat but a few bites and the shrimp. The side of spinach gnocchi I ordered were round balls (not typical gnocchi) and were so incredibly greasy/buttery it turned my stomach. They were just dripping with grease. I ate two and didnt eat the rest. The salad was sparse and the dressing had no flavor.

To top it off, every employee I encountered was mexican--which NOTHING wrong with mexicans, but I came here for an Itailian owned family restaurant---where was the Italian family???

I wouldn't go back----and its in a strip mall now----poor ambiance.

2  Thank saracarrara
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2008

My wife and I try to eat here at least once a week.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook