“Southern soul”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Oh soooo good! If u don't mind standing in line, the wait is worth the sweat! Comfort food with added love!!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

If you really like homecooking and soul food. This will go down as one of the best meals you've ever had. I work not too far away and have to restrain myself from coming in more than a couple of times per year. Otherwise, I'd have a big, big belly. The amount of food they pile on your plate is so over the top, it's like eating Thanksgiving dinner. Most recently, I had the pork chops, which were perfect and tender. The sides are outstanding, especially the mac and cheese and the pinto beans. If you're passing through Dallas on I-20 or heading south on I-35 or I-45, it's not too bad a detour, and definitely worth it. You're definitely in the 'hood when you come down here and the building is clearly an old, repurposed Burger King, but you'll be OK, especially a few bites into your meal.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

A lot of food, taste great, and gun joy going there every time I'm in Dallas. Not to fond of the collard greens and mac an cheese, but the food is still pretty good. A soul food fix when you can't get it at home.

1  Thank Q P
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

1) they give you so much food I felt like I was on a football team
2) the food is so good
3)staff was wonderful
3)pleanty of food selection
4) wonderful staff
please dont miss out on this place

1  Thank Syb1975
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The place was not what I expected on the outside, but the food was awesome! The portion fed myself and two other family members. Really good and worth the money!

2  Thank TashaBTravelin22