“Very Very Good”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television
McKinney, Texas
“Very Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Have Appetite, Will Feed should be their motto. Soul Food is about as good as it gets here at Sweet Georgia Brown's. Anything on the menu is simply delicious.

• Visited February 2013

Flint
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Compliments to the chef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

The food is delicious and I like the portions of food I received. I told my family and friends about Sweet Georgia Brown!!!!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank 7567
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Huge helpings, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Dieters beware. this place is not for the calorie counter.
The Sunday dressing is to die for. The German chocolate Cake is scrumptious.
The service is fast friendly and the $ is more than fair.
The only bad thing is the location. and the parking.
I wish they would open another store.

• Visited December 2012
Overland Park, Kansas
“grandma's home cooking!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Well... I'm assuming that wind blew trash on the front lawn And in the parking lot? Not much but enough to notice! Be outside appearance of this place puts you in the mind of a hole in the wall dirty restaurant! Something told me to turn around and get back in my car!!! but the smell is coming from inside the restaurant made me open the door!!!! Wow!!! And wow!!! At 1030 in the morning In the winter time of Dallas It must have been too cold for flies Because all I seen Was beautifully prepared Soul food!!! I didn't get a chance to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with family And this was certainly my treat! I devoured... fried chicken and macaroni and cheese greens cabinets black eyed peas candied yams corn bread and pinto beans broccoli and cheese casserole potato salad turkey wings in dressing smothered in a delicious turkey gravy and an array of barbeque which included... smoke sausage ribs and brisket!!! Delicious!!! I want more! my friend in I ate for 2 days because the portions were so large! Just imagine that 30 pounds!! Lol! This food made my mouth so happy. ;) I can taste it now! Yummy! Despite the shabby inside And the bleached out bathroom of this place that's still look very dirty! I would again return For the good cooking and the excellent service and prices.!!!! This clearly explains The meaning of Big things come in small packages! Clean it up Sweet Georgia Brown and keep serving better mazing soul food! It's good for the soul Mind Heart And mouth! I will be back!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank MsRiley1105
Dallas, Texas
“Hole in the wall soul food place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

The place looks like an old Hardees’s. This is not fine dining, its soul food and it’s the typical hole in the wall atmosphere. For those that know what this means –enough said. For those who need an explanation – don’t eat in, don’t sit down, don’t touch the walls, and don’t go to the bathrooms. The food is great. I ALWAYS get the food to go. The portions are large and the sides are good. It’s enough for 2 servings. The later you go on Saturday, the longer the lines. So go early.

• Visited November 2012