“beautiful B&B with excellent hosts”

Corinthian Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 24 Dallas B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 8, 2010

First let me say this is a belated review - we stayed at the Corinthian almost 2 years ago and I am only now putting up lots of reviews.

I would definitely recommend this B&B. We are from the UK, where we stay in B&B's a lot, and I was unsure of what to expect from a B&B in the States. The house is gorgeous, rooms tastefully decorated, and there is a little attic room where you can play games / watch TV.

The hosts are fantastic - extremely helpful and I must say provide the most fantastic breakfast you will ever have! Everyhting freshly made, huge portions, we didn't have lunch a single day while we stayed here!

The only downside to our stay is the location, and this is not a criticism of the B&B at all, more an indication that we should have done more research when booking the trip. It is several miles from downtown, and there is no where local for evening meals. You need a car to get anywhere, which we didn't realise. We managed with taxis and public transport, though we didn't feel safe sometimes.

So I would definitely recommend staying here, infinitely better than a chain hotel, but make sure you have your own transport.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ljw113

Reviewed December 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Corinthian for 3 nights on our hunnymoon. The people were so nice and went out of their way to help us, they were genuinely intrested in helping us have the best time possible in Dallas. We stayed in the Mayor's Suiet. The Suiet was not actually inside the big house, it was its own private little house out back (bottom story only). It was actually kindof a nice surprise to us. It offered more privacy. We did however have full access to the big house. The Mayor's Suite did not have a stove in the kitchen but we were more than welcome to use the one in the big house as well as anything else we needed. Everything about this place was Excellent!! If you are looking for a great get-a-way the Corinthian is the best place.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ipraiseone
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Although only a one-night stay, the Corinthian was a perfect home while in Dallas. My room and bathroom were more than spacious. I slept like a rock! The innkeeper was spot on with dining suggestions (thank you, Dan), and I enjoyed the freshly baked banana bread on the way out the door at 6 am. I will be back to this property, should my travels bring me back to Dallas.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank jkarennj
Reviewed July 14, 2009

We just returned from a two day stay at The Corinthian in Dallas, Texas. We have stayed in a number of B & B's, and in our experience, The Corinthian has a standard of excellence surpassing all others. From the marvelous furnishings and authentic decor, to the comfortable bed and the delicious breakfasts, The Corinthian exceeded our expectations. Parking is off the street and the central business district (see the view from our window) and shopping and restaurants are a short drive away.

Our host, Dan, deserves a special mention. His skill in the kitchen his attention to detail and his good advice on things Dallas contributed to our visit.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldcpa
Reviewed April 4, 2009

We travel a lot, and stay mostly at B&Bs. You couldn't ask for more. It is located close to downtown and the museum area, not too far from fabulous restaurants. We were graciously greeted by Dan, one of the owner/innkeepers, and given a tour of the home which has been beautifully restored. We were shown where the complimentary snacks of homemade cookies and sweet breads were, as well as the soft drinks. You don't get that in a hotel! The home is beautifully and tastefully decorated, with lots of antiques, and it is spotlessly clean. Internet worked perfectly, and there is even a guest computer with a printer, etc. in a nice guest business area on the second floor.
We stayed in the Vice Presidential Suite, and it was lovely. The jacuzzi for two was romantic and we slept very well. Breakfast was a real treat, all homemade and yummy! The breakfast room is nice and light and cheery, and there are tables for two which we like. Overall, this was the best B&B experience we've had. We will definitely be back, and will reccommend it to everyone we know. Thank you Dan!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2009

We stayed at the beautiful Corinthian last year for about 8 nights. I should have left a review long before but it looks as thought it wasn't lacking in praises :)
We had a wonderfully relaxing romantic stay (lower room in separate building, very clean) and are still talking about it. The guys were great!! So hospitable, helped us with info on anywhere we wanted to go and were just fun to chat with- really great chefs as well!! Yummmm!!!! I think I lasted until dinner everyday on that feast of a breakfast, and always something original!
They also recommended a spa for us to get a couples massage and it was the icing on the cake! We have traveled to 12 countries and I have to say, all around amazing stay, we will never forget it!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Wow! What a great place to stay! We stayed two nights in January 2009 and were so relaxed and comfortable. Peter was very helpful and made us amazing breakfasts both days. The room (the Presidential Suite) was fantastic. The huge king bed, the comfy sheets, the huge walk-in shower for two and the jacuzzi for two were so welcoming. We were busy all day visiting with friends, so coming home to the Corinthian every night was such a treat. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Dallas. Fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)