“Treated like Royalty!”

Corinthian Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 24 Dallas B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was in Dallas for just a night, and tired of boutique hotels and ubiquitous chain spots, and was recommended The Corinthian B&B. Tucked in a spot convenient to downtown, Dallas State Fairgrounds, and the Baylor Hospital complex, The Corinthian is a jewel in the old historic East Dallas Swiss Avenue area, a circa 1903 gingerbread mansion with class and charm! I snagged the Presidential Room, with a huge comfy king size bed of massive Victorian carved wood, lovely furnishings, and a bathroom fit for royalty! The walkin shower was roomy enough for 2, the whirlpool tub worthy of a spa, with two ornate marble standing sinks! Breakfast was opulent, with fresh fruit, delicious homemade breads, fresh jams, and a full eggs & sausage experience! The Corinthian is a must for family reunions, with an old fashioned game room tucked upstairs, plenty of room to gather. It's a great pampering place for a business traveler. My breakfast mate was in town to plan her daughter's wedding, and planned to have the wedding reception at the Corinthian after staying there!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a unique name and special charm. The Presidential Room was Theodore Roosevelt'...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank ShannonAustin_Texas

Reviewed June 28, 2011

The staff is very accommodating and the house is beautiful! Breakfast every morning is delicious and I always look forward to the freshly baked cookies waiting in the kitchen when I return at night. Dan and Gia are awesome!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank kfar52395
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I stay at the Corinthian B&B at least 1-2 times per month and everytime it is always delightful. Gia and Dan go the extra mile to ensure that every guest is accomodated for in every way. The rooms are awesome and the breakfast is scrumptuous (not to mention the homeade cookies and breads that are available 24/7). I love that I can come to Dallas and have a home away from home. When you travel like I do and can find a place like this instead of "another" hotel, it is such a treat:-)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank txtina2222
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Corinthian B&B is a beautiful old home in a rather run down area of Dallas (near Baylor Medical facilities). After exiting the freeway and continuing toward the B&B, we were a bit distressed by the run-down area. Every store had bars on the windows, just didn't look safe or friendly at all. This appears to be an area in transition. A block or two away in the opposite direction there are brand-new apartments and condos (near Baylor). We pressed on and found the B&B, a surprise in this run-down area.

The B&B has a beautiful backyard and porch, nice reception area & parlor.

The reception felt "anxious". We were greeted by two innkeepers, one seemed very anxious to show us the facilities in a big hurry. The rooms are lovely, well decorated. The bathroom was beautiful and entirely remodeled with a huge shower and jacuzzi tub.

We were told breakfast was at 9 a.m. the next morning, downstairs, at a communal table. We were in for a quiet romantic weekend. I don't like being told I have to eat at 9 a.m. and that I have to eat with people I don't know. Other B&B's offer a starting time for breakfast or the option of room service. Given this, breakfast was okay. Freshly prepared and plenty offered.

However, we were distressed to discover upon returning to our room that housekeeping had already stripped our bed and made the room ready for the next guest. After returning from breakfast we had planned to relax a bit after breakfast and before leaving, but after seeing the bed was freshly made and the room cleaned, we felt entirely unwelcome. It seemed quite apparent that they were in a hurry for us to depart. We noticed the other couple we had eaten breakfast with also left within a couple of minutes. We felt disappointed and truthfully annoyed. So we left feeling a bit unsettled and as though the inn was happy for us to get out as quickly as possible.

PROS:
1) Large, lovely well-done rooms with period antiques and decor.
2) Up-to-date amenities including huge shower and jacuzzi tub.
3) Beautiful, soft sheets & great pillows.
4) Comfortable bed.
5) Good B&B style breakfast.
6) Relaxing atmosphere. It was very quiet and peaceful. We could hear birds chirping and hear the wind blowing in the trees.

CONS:
1) Our room felt a bit tired in spots (bedspread coverlet was unraveling on the sides and was a bit grubby in spots).
2) Too much light in the room to sleep well. Even after closing every shade (and there were a lot of windows), the room was still too bright to rest well. There was light coming in from the hallway also (even after dimming some lights out in the hall).
3) Squeeky bed. We were in the main house and for obvious reasons, a squeeky bed is a bit awkward for privacy reasons.
4) The open shower was cold and drafty. The shower head is DIRECTLY above and blasts down on your head like a harsh water hose. No door on the shower, no curtain. But great water pressure.
5) Room being cleaned while we were eating breakfast. It felt like hospitality ended when we walked downstairs for breakfast. Not relaxing to come back and find your room cleaned and ready for the next guest... especially since our bags and personal items were still in the room.

For a B&B and at this price (over $150 in a downtown area with no view), though we rested well, we didn't feel entirely welcome.

Will we return: No: due to factors mentioned above and due to distressed, run-down area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank LuReeBa
Reviewed February 24, 2011

After I have read the good reviews at TripAdvisor, I decided to choose this place for my 3 day business trip to Dallas. When I called for the reservation, I learned from the receptionist that the breakfast service starts at 9 am. I explained to him this is kind of late for me as I will have meetings early in the morning. He just said there is nothing they can do and hung up the phone on me. Plain simple! Not even bothering to hear what I would decide to do. I called for a second time and even left a message, the receptionist did not care to return back to me.

So, I do not know whether the hotel is clean, location is good, etc (I could not have a chance to observe, as you see) but I think the general attitude towards customers on the phone is not very much satisfactory..

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank Lemi86
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Beautiful rooms and incredible breakfast. Really first rate service and wonderful extra touches. I have stayed on two separate occasions and both trips were nothing short of delightful.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeri381
Reviewed August 31, 2010

My wife and I just returned from a trip to Dallas and I can't say enough about this place. A real hidden gem. The room was clean and comfortable with plenty of space. The breakfast was amazing, still trying to find the recipe for the egg dish. We will certainly be heading back to the Corinthian.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business