“My favorite Mexican place in dallas!”

Maracas cocina mexicana
Ranked #407 of 3,656 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: East Dallas
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have gone to this place many times and I absalutly live this place!!! The food is amazing. The service is awesome!!!! I recommend Javier for a waiter. It is really too bad that it is closing. I will really miss going to it. I guess the good thing about it is that it gives me a reason to go to it even more! You better go before they close you r will really miss out if you don't.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I were in Dallas for a quick visit and decided to take in an early dinner. Our bodies were still functioning on EST and we were hungry early. We weren't sure how long it would take to get to Deep Ellum or if we would find parking easily so we headed out around 4:00. Well, we found the restaurant right away, found parking on the street near the restaurant so it was EARLY. We headed into the restaurant to find out that the kitchen wouldn't start serving dinners until 5:00. No problem, the staff welcomed us in and told us they could serve us nachos or quesidillas if we wanted to stay. We stayed ordered chicken quesidillas, peach margaritas and just enjoyed sitting down. We were served chips and salsa while we waited and within just a few minutes we had our food. It was very good. We ended up ordering a dinner of chicken enchiladas and splitting it. We left full and satisfied. I am sure our dinner experience would have been different later in the evening, but for what we needed at that time it was very good. FYI Now the gentleman that served us told us that the restaurant would be soon losing the Monica name. They were going to keep the place the same but in the future if you want to eat there, you may have to look under a different name.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Monica's has live music and good prices on mexican food and margarita's. The music was too loud for conversation but if your table is ready for sing alongs and a cha cha line then Monica's is the place for you. It seems to be a perfect place for college kids or a girls nite out.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Order it. You won't be sorry. Read up on Monica's personal and professional history as well. Valet parking offered, but you can park for free during the week days in Deep Ellum.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Enjoyed the quality and popularity of this place. Great place to meet friends if you are close to downtown.