“Remodeled decor and new lighter menu”
Review of Fish Bone Grill

Fish Bone Grill
Ranked #1,261 of 3,609 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Austin, Texas
“Remodeled decor and new lighter menu”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have eaten here occasionally since 1986 and love the gumbo and various other dishes. But, the lighter fare is really, really good. I had the grilled tilapia w/grilled vegetables & Caesar salad. The fish & veggies were grilled to perfection, and the salad was very fresh. My companion had the Mexican Shrimp cocktail which must have had over 30 medium shrimp, cocktail sauce and avocado. It completely filled one of those draft beer schooners. Lots of food.

Most dishes are around $10.00-$12.00, with platters costing more and sides costing less.

They have a variety of beers on tap and wine selections. They offer both Ziegenboch & Modelo on tap if you like the darker beers.

Great food for a reasonable price.

• Visited January 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Great seafood!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a little hole in the wall with a good variety of great-tasting seafood. The grilled plates are really good, with a nice selection of fresh vegetables alongside. It's not haute cuisine, just a small place with a passion for good fish at a reasonable price. The owner, Bill, will come by and say hi during the lunch hour which I think is really cool - you can address any concerns or questions directly to him. Also their ketchup does NOT have HFCS, a big plus! It's not very convenient to where I am but I try to get in once or twice a month.

• Visited December 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Long time patron”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I've been a customer of Fish Bone for 15+ years and I've had everything on the menu. Some items are fantastic while others I steer clear of. They have just done a face lift and it freshend it up a bit. It is still a very casual with checkered table coverings on picnic like tables and some tall round tables with barstools scattered around too. A few sit at the counter type chairs also.

All the cold appetizer things are great including my favorite, the Mexican Shrimp Cocktail. Two sizes available. Oysters are always cold and fresh shucked. Not a big fan of their soups. They're just not seasoned correctly and seem unbalanced. I would also stay away from the Etouffee. Not a good representation of of the Cajun classic. Anything they are calling "New Orleans" I would avoid. All of their fried stuff is very good. The grilled items served with steamed veggies and rice are good. Most of the plates are served with hushpuppies that are the worst I ever tasted which is a shame because there's no reason to make a bad hushpuppie. Stick with the basic seafood stuff and you'll like it. If it's fried or grilled it's good. If it's sauteed, avoid it. A couple of deserts - key lime pie and basic cheese cake. Nothing to write home about but very good nevertheless.

I eat here several times a year and I keep coming back. It's a neighborhood joint that's great with a buddy, your family, some coworkers or a date if you're not trying to impress her. This place won't do that because among other things, you get your own drink and get your own refills.

It's just very laid back and I like it that way. I walk in, grab my drink, go sit where I want and as I'm sitting down a wait person is handing me the menu. They have lot's of specials every day.

• Visited June 2012
“Fresh and well seasoned sea food!”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I absolutely love this restaurant! The food and the employees are of great quality! The manager is caring and very sweet. I always recommend!

Dallas
“Would not recomend this place to anyone”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Food was overpriced for what you got and not good at all - way too spicy and the salmon I ordered had no taste. But worst of all, this place is very dirty. There is mold on the ceiling and the rest of the place looks dirty. The waitress would not even look my date and mysellf in the eye when talking to us and acted put-off that she had to wait on us. Would never go back.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Outdoorguy33

Been to Fish Bone Grill? Share your experiences!