“Romantic Anniversary Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Sherman, Texas
“Romantic Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

If you are looking to impress a loved one, this is the place! The restaurant is located on the bottom floor of the Hotel St. Germain on Maple Street in Dallas, Texas. The menu selection is available on the hotel's website and changes according to season/holidays. Unlike prior years, they no longer require you to make your dinner choices when you call for reservations. Menu selections are made table side with current price of $85pp (not including beverages). Waiters are dressed in tuxedo & white gloves but service is to please and not at all made to intimidate. The dining room is beautiful with candles and lavender roses on each table. Fine china, crystal, silver, and linens are perfectly set and a place card with "The _____ Dinner Party" welcomes you to your table. I can't imagine what one could do to make the atmosphere more romantic. Lovely classical music softly plays as the waitstaff quietly assures that all of your needs are met without disturbing your conversation. The food was perfection. I overheard a gentleman in his 70's telling his wife that this was the best meal he had ever had. I have to agree. Each course offered was prepared to entice...amazing to smell, artful presentation, and divine taste that made us savor each bite. My husband had the beef tenderloin entree and I had the Chilean sea bass. My husband could not say enough about his choice. He shared a bite and it melted in my mouth...delish! My fish was cooked to perfection and the caviar Beurre blanc, spinach, braised fennel, with Meyer lemon accompaniment was a symphony to my taste buds. We have never had a meal at this restaurant that didn't justify the $85 pp price. The food is always amazing and I challenge anyone to find a more romantic restaurant in Dallas. I recommend making the evening complete by staying in one of the beautifully appointed suites upstairs. Nothing says romance better than heading upstairs to your luxurious suite after dinner and enjoying a nightcap in front of the fireplace at the foot of your bed! European style continental breakfast is included in the price of your suite and is served in the dining room or (if you prefer) in your suite. The egg souffle was light and fluffy, many fresh pastries to choose from, fresh fruit served in crystal glass, along with coffee and freshly squeezed juice.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank texaslizE

Dallas, Texas
“Special birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great food, white glove service, 5 course dinner. if you want to be pampered with French service, this is the place. They'll have a place card with your name and the menu for you to take as a souvenir.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank LewDalTex
Memphis, Tennessee
“Excellent restaurant at a price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Had Valentines Day dinner here and it was excellent. The service and the 8 course meal was fantastic. It is expensive but on par with other restaurants I have eaten at with the same price point. Beautiful building as well. Zero complaints.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nevels2000
Plano, TX
“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I don't get it. Lots of hoopla but little to get excited about. The food was decent but frankly, I've had better service at Chili's.

Visited December 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
“For This Kind Of Money I Should Have Taken A Vacation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

It was our first time to the Hotel (restaurant) St. Germain. Being fairly new to the Dallas area we wanted to do something special, and since we had decided not to take a trip out of town I felt like we could splurge a little. ....But this was ridiculous. $200.00 per person for a 7 course meal where everything tasted the same. Oh it all looked really pretty, but there was no real OMG moment in this meal. There were only three of us, me, my mother in-law and my husband. Overall bill after tax and tip was$ 715.00...dumb dumb dumb. Don't get me wrong the place is beautiful and the wait staff impeccable and super attentive, but the food was just ho hum. Maybe it would have tasted better if I knew it was costing me $200.00 for a meal that I could have easily made at home for under 60.00 bucks. Also it was New Years Eve so I know we were paying for the band, the ambience and the wait staff...so it was ok, but I wouldn't do it again.

• Visited December 2012