“Great Service, Great Atmosphere, Good Soup”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mi Cocina N Dallas

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mi Cocina N Dallas
Ranked #492 of 3,580 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Description: Welcome to Mi Cocina where everything we offer is hand-crafted and made fresh daily using authentic Mexican cooking techniques and the finest ingredients available. You'll love our Tex-Mex menu from our famous, homemade salsa to our mouthwatering, hand-dipped enchiladas. You can taste the freshness and quality in every bite. Relax in our comfortable stylish surroundings with one of our legendary Mambo Taxis® served by our family of warm, friendly and professional staff. It's our honor to serve you!
Kellyon
“Great Service, Great Atmosphere, Good Soup”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I just had a bowl of the tortilla soup. The portion size was very generous. The soup was enough for a meal. The service here is always impeccable and professional. The restaurant after the renovation a few years back is very modern, trendy, contemporary. The food always comes out very quickly and perfect every time. I'm always amazed, they never have an off day. The only drawback was that at the lunch rush it was incredibly loud in the restaurant. I really couldn't hear my husband sitting across from me. it made the experience a little uncomfortable.

• Visited November 2011

Dallas, Texas
“Always top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

Mi Cocina is consistently excellent. Dunno who posted the "No Inglish" review...this is not a Spanish place. Very Americanized Mexican food but excellent none the less.

Washington, DC
“bad representation of Mi Cocina. Try the one by Legacy or Galleria”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

Awful service. Waiter was very inattentive and messed up order twice (i.e., took order, messed it up, was corrected, brought replacement that was also messed up). Ultimately I was unable to eat anything. No offer of compensation. Frequently had to flag down waiter for service.

This is a shame. Other Mi Cocina's are quite nice. Try the one at Shops at Legacy instead.

Dallas, Texas
“Very good but somewhat overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2010

I like Mi Cocina. Along with Carolina's Mexican Cuisine, it is probably my favorite mexican restaurant in the area. Not surprisingly Carolina's was started by the co-founder of Mi Cocina, so that probably makes sense.

I think Mi Cocina has run their course as a fad (which I feel like they were for a while) and come out the other end as a stable good all around restaurant. I would say that all their food is very good but also a little overpriced which comes from being such a popular restaurant for such a long time.

This location doesn't have quite as much going for it as their Legacy location in Plano or a few of their inner Dallas locations like the ones at Highland Park Village or West Village, but still has a good feel and a great atmosphere.

I would recommend their enchiladas and of course their margaritas.

Dallas
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

i have lived in Texas my entire life and have no connection to this restaurant. the reviewer just above (No Inglish Spoken Here) has something personal against Mi Cocina. Ignore it. It is perhaps the best tex-mex in Dallas, and I say that even though it is a chain (albeit a small local one). The atmosphere borders on elegant, food is always made with fresh ingredients, and the prices are good. Excellent value.

Been to Mi Cocina N Dallas? Share your experiences!