Tripadvisor
Dallas

“2 month reservation for college graduation dinner”
Review of Nick & Sam's

Nick & Sam's
Reserve a Table
Wed, 2/26
8:00 PM
Ranked #101 of 4,411 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Carlisle
Description: Situated minutes from Downtown, Nick & Sam’s is a contemporary steakhouse featuring selections of prime meats as well as American and Australian Kobe and a variety of seafood. We offer a mostly American wine list of over 400 labels plus an international selection, with 20 wines by the glass. USA Today says “well-done”, ZAGAT “very good to excellent” and a 2008 recipient of the Five Diamond Star Award.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Made a reservation 2 months before date selected. Arrived a few minutes before scheduled time. Was told to wait at the bar for table to clear and they would “find” us. So crowded, couldn’t get to the bar. Waited another 20-30 minutes (told that long to get back and forth from the front to the bar area). Asked again about an estimated time our table should be ready. Was told, they didn’t know the “ETA”. I reminded them we had already arrived and checked in. They blew us off and told the people behind us togo to the bar for their reservation also.

We left!

Absolutely the worst customer service, guess we’re stilling waiting for our tables “ETA”!

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (652)

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

For a special night out this place is in a class of its own... it is NOT inexpensive... but the staff are amazing and the food is just amazing. Loved trying the complimentary caviar... all the shareable side were amazing... and the setting was beautiful (building, staff, and guests).

To feel comfortable - dressier the better, but not required

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 24, 2019 via mobile

Wow! I've had the opportunity to eat at some of the finest steakhouses including Harris and Lew Lehr's in San Francisco, Manny's in Minneapolis, Durant's in Phoenix, to name a few. Nick & Sam's left them in the dust. The most impressive selection of meat, fish, appetizers, desserts (did I mention 7-layer cakes), all prepared to perfection and coupled with impeccable service. They even have real Kobe beef available from every region of Japan.

This is definitely on our must go again list!

Reviewed December 18, 2019

My husband and I were part of a birthday party for my son's girlfriend. We had reservations for 7:00 pm and were seated fairly quickly. Unfortunately we must have drawn the short straw because we were seated at a table that was at the entrance where every came into the dining room. I lost count of how many times people bumped into my chair.
I don't remember our waitresses name but she was excellent as were all the others that assisted her with our group.
My husband and I split a bone in rib eye. It was cooked just as we requested and was fork tender. We ordered the scalloped potatoes and they were delicious. Everyone at our table enjoyed what they ordered also.
We had a good experience. It was fun to see what other tables ordered and try new things at our table. We felt that while it was nice to have a pianist playing it was a little loud. We felt that the tables were placed too close together. And the restroom was the darkest restroom I have ever been in. It's decorated in black and the lighting is horrible. I had trouble locking my stall door and I couldn't see but had to feel around on the lock to get it to work.
But all in all I give the restaurant five stars because the food was so good.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed December 2, 2019 via mobile

... and this was in the top 3. Let's start with the service... our waiter Shawn was on point for anything we needed. Great menu guidance, friendly and engaging, professional. The setting was vibrant but not raucous, and the live pianist added a great touch. The menu was varied and inventive, while keeping the classics. I didn't understand why there was sushi, but OK....!!?? We started with the best crab cake I've ever had, and a spectacular wedge salad. We shared the excellent porterhouse, which was done perfectly, 3 dipping sauces, broccolini, roasted Brussel sprouts, and onion rings... and since we were only 2 people, Shawn offered to bring out 1/2 orders of the sides so we could try more tastes. If we weren't so stuffed, we would have indulged in one or 2 of the choices from the great dessert menu, but we couldn't. Overall, an excellent meal, great service and an enjoyable setting. We couldn't have asked for better. This set the bar very high for the next steak restaurant I visit! 5 Stars!

Date of visit: December 2019

Been to Nick & Sam's? Share your experiences!