“Headed in the wrong direction”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Nick & Sam's

Nick & Sam's
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick & Sam's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 3,580 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Carlisle
Description: Situated minutes from Downtown, Nick & Sam’s is a contemporary steakhouse featuring selections of prime meats as well as American and Australian Kobe and a variety of seafood. We offer a mostly American wine list of over 400 labels plus an international selection, with 20 wines by the glass. USA Today says “well-done”, ZAGAT “very good to excellent” and a 2008 recipient of the Five Diamond Star Award.
Dallas, Texas
“Headed in the wrong direction”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

I cannot believe how disappointed I am after tonight's experience at this restaurant. I have had several great meals in the pst at Nick and Sam's but tonight was BAD. Started out great. Service was super but we were early (6:30). As the night it got worse. We inquired about the fried lobster as we were curious. Our waiter said "why not get a half order as an appetizer. We did and it wasn't bad - not great and $100.00. t ordered the filet/ Oscar. I got a filet w 2 pieces of asparagus, a hollandaise sauce that was more white than yellow and the "lump" crab came right out of a can or one of those envelopes that tuna comes in. The crab was all stringy and tasted exactly like cheap can crab. Afterward we ordered 2 coffees. After 10 mins 1 coffee cup arrived - no coffee just the cup. We never got our coffee and had to get it removed from our bill. No where near what it used to be. For what I spent we could have gone out 3 times to different restaurants and had a better experience.

1 Thank SouthernStarDave

Dallas, Texas
“Wow Factor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Recently dined here to celebrate an anniversary. The outside is deceiving... once you walk in you get transported into a one of a kind VIP treatment. We were greeted by a greeting card wishing us many more happy years. Our waiter was simply the best. He went over the menu and showed his extensive knowledge of beef cuts, seafood, and offered recommendations. Did I mention the caviar is complimentary? Our service was top notch. During our dinner the manager came over with 2 complimentary glasses of champagne to toast our celebration. Wonderful!! When our dinner was served they sliced the meat for us and served us our sides also. They did everything but feed us. This restaurant should be on everyone's "bucket list".

Omaha, Nebraska
“This is the finest restaurant I have been to.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

We dined here to meet our daughter's fiancé. This is without a doubt the finest place we have ever dined at. The food, service, ambiance, attention to detail, food selection and quality are second to none! My Australian lobster was out of this world. The steaks melt in your mouth. The food is fresh and prepared perfectly. If there is one place in Dallas to try, this is it. It isn't cheap, but it can't be beat!

• Visited September 2013
Texas
“Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife and two young adult children thoroughly enjoyed our meals (including several filets and the special rib eye) and service over the weekend. Celebrating a birthday at the restaurant was made even more enjoyable by the extras offered up by the manager (whose name I falied to catch) and waiter, Miguel. The mussels were a great appetizer for my 20 something son. Miguel, very knowledgeable, knew when to stop by and when to let us sit back and enjoy. One oddity that my wife and daughter found was the cotton candy dessert. Kept them talking long after we left. Thanks!

• Visited August 2014
“Excellent steak. Save room for cake!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I made reservations but came early and decided to eat at the bar. We don't always want the pomp and circumstance of regular dining. Our bartender/server was really nice so we made the right decision.

I'll mention that just about everything on the menu will be huge and just about everything can be ordered half size and split. I recommend doing both options for two people.

We started with the chopped salad split. It was good. My husband likes that salad but i would have preferred something else. Oh well.

I ordered the 10oz filet and it was so tender and delicious. My husband got the 16oz ribeye. He said my filet was the best he ever tried. We ordered half sizes of the mushrooms and cauliflower. The mushrooms were excellent. I like my own baked cauliflower better. We had leftovers.

Note- if you order cake get the half order! We did and it is still a quarter of a round cake! We got the carrot cake and it was delicious. We'll be enjoying it another night.

Been to Nick & Sam's? Share your experiences!