“Top Shelf”
Review of Nick & Sam's

Nick & Sam's
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick & Sam's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 3,600 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Carlisle
Description: Situated minutes from Downtown, Nick & Sam’s is a contemporary steakhouse featuring selections of prime meats as well as American and Australian Kobe and a variety of seafood. We offer a mostly American wine list of over 400 labels plus an international selection, with 20 wines by the glass. USA Today says “well-done”, ZAGAT “very good to excellent” and a 2008 recipient of the Five Diamond Star Award.
Dallas, Texas
“Top Shelf”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Had dinner the other night at Nick & Sam's and again it was the best. I started going there when I was still in the corporate world and they 1st came to Dallas. The fact that, after all these years they are still going strong. We don't eat out a lot anymore but when we do we always go to Nick & Sam's and never come away feeling it wasn't worth every cent. Dave Wheeler

• Visited December 2012

Wayne, New Jersey
“Full throttle food”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Drop the fact that you are a New Yorker in a Dallas Steakhouse and you are going to be treated like a King. The restaurant is very pleasing to the eye, only to be outdone by the waitress's who are so pretty that it spells absolute trouble if you bring your wife. The Mac & Cheese was the best I had in Dallas. Steaks were very consistent and very tasty. Sides were all awesome and very filling. I really enjoyed my visits here, great martini's, excellent wine list and very consistent food. One night they sent me so many side dishes to try that I had to take a nap before I drove back to Fort Worth!! Oh, and did I mention the waitress's?

• Visited February 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Great atmosphere and service. Perfect for a celebration meal. As a vegetarian I didn't have a steak, but the sides I had instead were delicious. Others in my party had steaks and they looked delicious as well.

Visited July 2012
“Terrific patio”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We had lunch here. The food was excellent, great New American food. Excellent choice of wines. Great crowd - business and casual.

Visited October 2012
Lewisville, Texas
“Very impressive steak house”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Ate here with a group of professional colleagues in a private room. The restaurant interior beautiful, well lit and the bar and dining areas impressive. I sampled several of their appetizers, which were excellent. The Caesar salad had too much dressing, for my taste, but was very good as were the garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. Service was very attentive, even for a large, catered affair. My rib eye steak, to my taste, was very good but not excellent. Something about the spices didn't appeal to me, but several of my colleagues liked it very much.

All in all, a very impressive restaurant - easily on a par with Ruths' Chris, etc. Had I liked the steak a bit more, I would have given it 5 stars instead of four, and will definitely consider returning with my family.

• Visited November 2012