“Yummy”

Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Dallas, Texas
“Yummy”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food and atmosphere are great - nice patio, and good service. Fresh made pasta - the tortellini with pears and walnuts is sinful.

Visited October 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Love the pizza, hate the wait...”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I truly love the pizza here, but there is rarely a day in the week that you can just walk in and sit down. Most of the time there is a long wait list and being that there are several places that are good to eat in the area, it's hard to wait sometimes.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank K8eros
Dallas, Tx
“Solid choice, food not amazing by any means. Great service.”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Decided to visit this place to celebrate an anniversary recently. The service was top-notch from the moment you step into the building. The dishes seem to be well executed and creatively prepared, but lack on taste and authentic flavor.

By no means was this a bad choice, but I was expecting more out of my experience at Taverna. It seems like it is the Chili's for the rich people of UP and HP. Very casual atmosphere, even for dinner, not a dressy, formal place at all.

It is small, so get there early, or make reservations, or... you are not missing anything if you go elsewhere, too.

• Visited September 2012
“Dinner at Taverna”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Very good lasagna. Fruitti del mar very good. House salad was good. Service was very attentive. Nice wind selection, and priced fairly.

• Visited August 2012
Cross Roads, Texas
“Fantastic place...you will love the Rissoto!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I dined at Taverna for our wedding anniversary over this past weekend. My wife had been here before for some work functions, but I had not. We did not have reservations and had no issue getting a table.

We were greeted as soon as we arrived and taken to a nice table close to the kitchen. It was nice being able to see the kitchen staff work away on the food.

Our server asked us what brought us in, and we explained it was our anniversary. He then took our appetizer order and came back shortly with it.

My wife chose the prosciutto wrapped Mahi Mahi and and decided upon the Rissoto with Diver Scallops....I love scallops :-) Neither of us were disappointed! The Mahi Mahi was cooked beautifully and the addition of the prosciutto was very nice. My rissoto was amazing! The scallops were cooked perfectly.

We ordered coffee afterwards and our server also brought out a chocolate cake for us to celebrate our anniversary. This was a very nice touch.

I would have to say that I was highly impressed with the staff and the food at Taverna. We will most definitely return!

• Visited August 2012