“Great Place”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Flower Mound, Texas, United States
“Great Place”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have been many time over the last 10 years and the food, beer list and atmosphere is still excellent. My favorites are the French dip and the mussels along with a Hefeweizen. On this last visit, everything was perfect including the place being full of fun patrons. Not many better bars in Dallas!

• Visited November 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Great selection of beers”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I've been here several times for happy hour and really like the place. It has an excellent selection of uncommon beers. The atmosphere is European. The main downside is that by 6pm it gets really crowded and parking is quite limited. Plus, it is hard to get out of the parking lot during rush hour as restaurant sits at on weird configuration of three roads.

Visited October 2013
Richardson, Texas
“Can't Go Wrong”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Old Monk is a nice local pub that has been modeled by many other's. The reason is the formula is a success. A good choice of taps, bottles, and rotators, along with infused drinks, and blends takes care of the thirsty needs.

The food is great, with typical offerings and a few with a different twist. The bread pudding desert is incredible. There is more seating outside than in if your looking to sit at other than the bar. Fans with misters seemed to be enough to knock the major part of the Texas heat down.

Service was friendly and attentive. The only thing that I didn't like was being given my check without asking for it. I guess our server was done for the night. Otherwise I would have given it 5 stars.

• Visited August 2013
Durant, Oklahoma, United States
“Horrible service!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I visited Old Monk tonight with 2 of my girlfriends. We were seated and waited 30 minutes for water. When the waitress brought it, she said "Give me a few minutes." and then she took orders from several tables that were seated after us. After 10 minutes of watching that we left. Won't ever return.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Beth R
“Excellent food and beer”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My favorite pub in Dallas. The food is excellent (Ploughman's and burgers to mention just two), the beer selection is solid, staff are always nice and the patio is great. What more can you want from a pub? Even the parking is pretty good (most places are valet in this area).
Kids are welcome before 7pm (and they like the food).
I used to live opposite this pub, so I safely can say my review is based on a large number of visits!

• Visited April 2013