“Horrible service!”

Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I visited Old Monk tonight with 2 of my girlfriends. We were seated and waited 30 minutes for water. When the waitress brought it, she said "Give me a few minutes." and then she took orders from several tables that were seated after us. After 10 minutes of watching that we left. Won't ever return.

1  Thank Beth R

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My favorite pub in Dallas. The food is excellent (Ploughman's and burgers to mention just two), the beer selection is solid, staff are always nice and the patio is great. What more can you want from a pub? Even the parking is pretty good (most places are valet in this area).
Kids are welcome before 7pm (and they like the food).
I used to live opposite this pub, so I safely can say my review is based on a large number of visits!

1  Thank whiterock214
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I met a couple of friends at The Old Monk last month. It was my first visit there. They have an impressive selection of beers, including shout-outs to a couple of local breweries, which is always nice to see. They have a huge whiskey menu, so if whiskey is your thing, this is a place you should visit. Our server was wonderful and genuinely wanted us to have a good time. She happily offered informative descriptions and small tastes of several different beers. I ordered a very tasty local beer called Velvet Hammer, and I followed up with a Smithwick's, another beer I had never had before. The atmosphere at Old Monk is fun and chill. We sat out in the semi-enclosed patio area, and it was very nice. No immature behavior, no drama from our fellow patrons. I love that in a bar. We had originally intended to have drinks here and then move on to a dinner spot, but the experience was so nice and the service so excellent, we decided to stay and have dinner. I had the Pistachio Fried Chicken, which is exceptional bar food. I will go back to Old Monk.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Came here tonight based on local reviews looking for a variety of beer and food.
The bar had a great feel to it and I like that you can seat yourself.
Our waitress was very helpful in making suggestions from their extensive beer/drink menu. Be sure if you go to ask for seasonal offerings.
We ordered a cheese board - you can choose two cheeses or more (for extra along with a variety of meats) that come arranged with olives, crackers, bread, and fruit. It was great. The ingredients were high-quality and tasty.
The beers were cold. The back deck has fans that rotate while spraying water in mist to cool off the customers. A nice touch.
Will probably return for the last night of my vacation.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic pistachio Fried Chicken Amazing spicy tempura mushrooms, wonderful selection of high end flavored vodkas.Daniel is the best bar tender ever in Dallas and I don't even know him personally.I am here from Houston. Late night super food and drink and venue. Outside seating too..

Been to The Old Monk? Share your experiences!