“Great Place We Visit on a Weekly Basis!”
Review of The Old Monk

The Old Monk
Ranked #171 of 3,734 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is BY FAR my favorite bar/pub in Dallas/Fort Worth, and you can usually find my boyfriend and I (plus or minus our roommates/good friends) here on a weekly basis, and we have been coming here for about five years, or so. We live about 20 miles away now, but we still come here because the service is A+++ (friendly, attentive, personable, knowledgeable), it's got a great atmosphere, and the drinks are never disappointing. I know that someone on here complained about the black & tans, however my boyfriend's favorite drink is the half & half and he's never had one that's been poured badly - it's always perfectly separated. Perhaps that day they had someone new, or a little off. I can't even see them letting a poorly-made drink leave the bar.

The patio(s) are awesome and well-heated for days it might be a little chilly. The ambiance inside is my favorite. There's a dartboard, a few strategically-placed televisions that you can see from wherever you're sitting, and as the nights wear on and the bar begins to crowd, the people-watching is ridiculously entertaining.

The food there is great - typical bar food, but it tastes good. We love the fries, the loaded fries, the Reuben, and the cheeseboards are awesome.

It's relaxed enough that you see families in there during the day, catching lunch. It's a great place for a date, a group outing with friends, or if you just want to take a seat at the bar and catch a game and have a drink by yourself.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

A very lively pub with tasty fish and chips and plenty of beer on tap to chose a pint. They could go five green dots if they could only prove that they can pour my favorite pint. A Black and Tan.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a couple of times, both for a night out and for a casual Sunday lunch. Both times the staff was very helpful, and I loved my drinks. Great atmosphere!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you're looking for places where the locals hang out to drink good beer, enjoy the large patio - you've found your place. The food is very good pub food - a fantastic ruben, authentic german sausage plates and the best veggie burger in Dallas! The waitstaff is typically very attentive. Overall a very good, relaxed place to enjoy a Saturday night!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Met a friend for the first time at The Old Monk. It was easy to find and the noise level was low which made talking to someone easy. The Monk Burger is probably the best burger I have ever had anywhere in the world. They have a good variety of beer to help wash it down as well. The staff was friendly and had great attitude. Will go back for sure.

Been to The Old Monk? Share your experiences!