“Excellent restaurant with a great ambiance”

Dakota's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakota's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 3,900 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: San Jacinto
Description: We believe the best steaks come from the best cut and quality. That's why we get all of our beef fresh from renowned beef purveyors, Allen Brothers. Each cut is corn and grain fed USDA Prime steak that our chef handpicks. Each steak is aged for a minimum of 28 days for a perfectly tender, juicy bite every time. It is our goal to give you a great meal every time you join us for lunch or dinner. We update our menu twice a year so each time you dine with us you experience fresh flavors that go with every season.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you want a treat, try Dakota's restaurant. The ambiance is special. It is below ground. You enter the restaurant from an elevator at street level. Part of the restaurant is inside, and part is outside. There is a waterfall in the outside part of the restaurant. Our appetizers were calamari with pepperoncini, Oysters Rockefeller, crab cakes, and fried asparagus. We had lamb, steak, and salmon for our main dishes. Our sides were steamed asparagus and macaroni and cheese with truffles. All were excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Colleagues and I had a business lunch here. The staff was very accomodative as we had arrived early so they let us hang out at our table before and after our meal. The entrees were reasonably priced for a big city. Lunch for five came to $117 before tax which included mostly entree salads, two appetizers, and soft drinks. I would certainly visit them again.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Don't order fish.
Despite how hard this restaurant is working at it's own impressiveness, I can't remember fish so poorly done.

A MacDonalds filet o fish sandwich is more paletable, than what i was served as a main course at Dakota's, and I don't like McDonalds.

Remember if you will, teriyaki chicken forgotten, instead of 15 minutes in a teriyaki marinade it had 4 hours... all you tasted was salt and teriyaki? amplify by a factor of four and do that to whatever the fish was that i could noto longer taste. encrusted salt lick might have been a more accurate descripor for the menu.

Cap that, with om my way out, i commented to whom i thought was the manager, that fish gets saly when left too long in teriyaki marinade... his reply was not oh i am sorry, but the rhetorical can i get you something else? and that was said on the way out? maybe at least run the right recording, I found that reply so far off base for someone obviously leaving the restaurant, that it almost seemed like "that's what you get for not ordering steak here" with so many more friendly, and great steak houses in town, i won't be back, and suggest anyone visiting not look at what apparently should not be on the menu, fish.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is an upscale steakhouse in the heart of downtown. It is really unique in that you take an elevator downstairs. You can sit outdoors below ground and there's a waterfall in the background. I guess the downside of that waterfall is it is a bit of a background noise if your trying to carry a serious conversation. However, the food was excellent and the side portions are generous. I order the NY strip. Very good. The three of us shared a side of scallop potatos and ratatouille which we were unable to finish. The average price of the main dish is around $40-$50.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was the thickest, hottest and reddest medium rare steak that I've ever tasted...so tender that I could cut it with just my fork. Very neat location below street level...just use elevator to get there.

Been to Dakota's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!