“Spicy is Definitely "Spicy"”
Review of Bonchon - CLOSED

Bonchon
Cuisines: Korean, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Now, I like a good spicy dish. (When debating whether to try out this recently opened joint, the other choice was a local Indian place where you can order by heat level, and I usually choose Medium Hot or Hot depending on mood). Potstickers and wings have 2 flavor choices -- Soy/Garlic or Spicy (which is given 2 chilis). I ordered the "half and half" option to be able to share with less spice-tolerant husband and 2 year old toddler. Another menu item has 3 chilis and is referred to as "Hot & Spicy". I have no idea what "Hot & Spicy" must be, because the "Spicy" Potstickers were about as hot as I've had in a while, with the heat lingering on the tongue and lips, so much so that when the wings arrived (which we had switched to all Soy/Garlic after I had my first tast of the Spicy potstickers), the lingering burn from the potstickers I ate made it difficult for me to tell what I was eating.

But aside from the "spicy" definitely being spicy -- which some may appreciate more than I -- it was a good meal. The potstickers of the soy/garlic variety were very tasty, as were the wings once I had some rice to cleanse the pallette. We also had the Bulgogi, which we all enjoyed (including the 2 year old). We will go back, and order double the potstickers with soy garlic sauce.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is one of the most delicious friend chicken ever. It is very different from the typical fried chicken. The way it is fried and especially the sauce. I love the soy garlic sauce it is amazing!
The fried chicken isn't greasy at all, it is nice and crispy. I usually only get the drumsticks but I recently tried the chicken strip and it is just as juicy and delicious. If you like fried chicken, this is the place for you to go to. If you something different, this is the place to go. This place is a must if you visit Dallas, you must try this place. You will not regret it. It is also a sports bar.. so wings and beers... what more can you ask for?!?! it was only their soft opening, so I can't wait for this Wednesday for their grand opening so I can go again!!

1  Thank The_Style_Gourmande