“very very nice”
Review of Al Biernat's

Al Biernat's
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Biernat's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 3,734 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Hershel
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Our first diner in Dallas, recommended by the hotel concierge of the Hyatt Regency. Not very cheap, but the food was awesome. we had de bison steak. A good place to have a great diner.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

All went smooth. Warm welcome, nice table. perfect Martini's.
The waiter who,apeared to be from Cape Cod was good,funny and gave excellent service.
The food was the way it is supposed to be, tasteful and well presented.
The manager came by at our table and we had a nice chat.
A place to return !

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I recently had dinner at Al Bernait's on a Sunday night. While it was not as busy as normal, there was still a buzz about the place. I guess Al takes Sunday off, as this the first of many times that I have been to Al's when he was not there. Still, we were greeted very personally and professionally. We had indicated in making the reservation that it was our anniversary and the host and waiter both wished us a happy one.

We split a salad, which the kitchen presented as two separate plates rather than requiring a scrape job on our part. We also both had steaks, my wife the petite filet and the bone-in rib eye special for me. Both were excellent and cooked exactly to order. She ordered the au gratin potatoes and I had the mushroom risotto. Both were excellent. One of the things that I like about Al's is that they rival the steakhouses in quality of meat, but offer many seafood and other entrees. On other visits I have had seafood and it was excellent. This is a great place to go if some of you party are not meat-eaters but others want an excellent steak.

The wine list is extensive, although there are not that many choices for two figures. Three figure wines dominate, maybe 80% of the selections.

The restaurant comped a dessert as it was our anniversary. My wife chose the Tira Misu. It was fine, but not as decadent as others I have had.

So why not a 5 rating? The food definitely rated a 5, but for the whole meal we felt a bit rushed. The place was not full, and you will spend a ton of dough in this place. It seemed as if the waiter was trying to turn the table. We would like to have made the evening linger a bit longer.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We asked in our hotel for a good steak house in Dallas ! It was good indeed! Our server was great also the martinis and the entire meal ! So good we decided to go back the next day.
We enjoyed our dinners !

1  Thank puertovallartafan
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We gave a brunch here on a Sunday and were so pleased with the food and the service. They brought out hot and fresh food for about forty people and everyone enjoyed their meal. They were helpful in the planning and attentive.
We have been to dinner and brunch here many times and never been disappointed.

1  Thank alice2000

Been to Al Biernat's? Share your experiences!