“Just as good the second time around”
Review of Al Biernat's

Al Biernat's
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Biernat's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 3,656 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Hershel
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Our experience here 3 months ago was so wonderful, we decided to give it another try while visiting again in Dallas. We had 7:00 reservations and were seated immediately in the back at a nice quiet table. I mention the quiet part because it was really hopping and loud toward the front where the bar is located, especially at 9 p.m. when we were leaving. This is evidently the place to be on a Saturday night in the Big D! We ordered almost the same items as last time--why mess with perfection, right? We ordered two of the Cowboy cut (bone-in) rib-eyes for four of us to share. This is plenty of steak for four normal appetites. It was prepared as ordered and tasted great and was tender. This cut, when ordered to share, is served separately (they will even cook it separately if need be) and I was given the portion without the bone. The amount of fat seemed just right. It is aggravating when I am served more fat on my plate than meat. The sides (mac and cheese, potatoes au gratin, asparagus) were all tasty and came in large portions to share. The half-order of salad is also a good size--cannot imagine ordering the full portion. The Caesar was among the best I've had! We all shared the carrot cake and chocolate fondue cake. OMG next time I just want dessert!! Bottom line, the food and friendly service could not have been any better. The valet parking was quick and convenient. This restaurant cannot be beat for a special occasion....or if you are just really really hungry.

1  Thank pickygirl09

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had dinner at 6:30 pm on a Saturday with 3 other couples so there was 8 of us total. From the time we walked In to the time we left, it was fantastic. I wish I could remember our waiter's name because he deserves credit for doing such a good job. Sometimes we go to a high end restaurant and the server's are stuffy and all full of themselves. Not this guy. He was relaxed, funny, accommodating and allowed us to enjoy our time. He wasn't in a hurry for us to leave so the table could be reset. I hate that. You spend a couple hundred dollars on dinner & drinks and the waiter doesn't refill waters or whatever so you will leave. Not here. He couldn't do enough for us it seemed, yet he didn't hover and interrupt. The food was fantastic! I've never had Escargot done that way. Awesome! Pork Chops, Fish, Beef Tenderloin, Short Ribs covers the entrees we had and everyone was so happy. The Cranberry Brown rice was really good my Panamanian wife and personal rice expert let us all know. Portions were very good. Ever been to an expensive restaurant, received your entrée and thought about what drive thru you were going to stop at on the way home because you just spent a lot to leave hungry? Not here. I'm not giving it the fifth star because it is very loud, but the place was packed. We had to speak loudly and listen hard but overall this place was great and I look forward to returning!

1  Thank Stokinoak
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Absolutely love this place! Everything from the ambience, to the service, and then the food - there is hardly words. The steaks are so tender, the mac and cheese melts in your mouth, the bread, the vegetables, and the desserts are all great. Make a reservation and go here for a special occasion!

1  Thank TXMARTINS
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

One of the best steak houses and overall experiences I've had. The waiter was a 20 year veteran and was selling the food as though he was as excited about it having just tried it for the first time. And he undersold it when our expectations met reality. The food was amazing. Everything IS bigger in Texas and this place did not disappoint. After dinner drinks and cigars outside at the valet drop off was people watching experience at its best.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a great restaurant in Dallas - owner is in the restaurant regularly which is the sign of a well run establishment. Very professional staff- friendly, yet very friendly and efficient. The food was excellent! Bar area is generally very busy and looked like everyone was having a great time. Check out the fancy vehicles in the parking lot!

Been to Al Biernat's? Share your experiences!