“I schemed to get back there again...alas”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #87 of 3,981 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I absolutely loved it...although I letched after my partner's gumbo, my fried catfish was wonderful. My entire Dallas stay I tried to figure out how to get back one more time. My only caveat is that it is quite busy and noisy, so you probably don't want to use this place for an interview or a romantic outing.

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

This is a small chain of popular restaurants with rather good New Orleans food, particularly given it is not in New Orleans. It is always busy. We had really wonderful soft shelled crab at the location near downtown Dallas. As good as I have ever had the dish in the Big Easy. Tried to go again tonight and it was a sellout. We went to the north Dallas/Plano location- disaster. All out of the cocktail you order. All out of the main course you order, so I gave up and just ordered a cup of gumbo, which, happily they had. The alternative order for my wife was barely lukewarm. When I complained, the poor waitress didn’t offer to get a manager or hostess but merely looked like she was about to break out into sobbing, even through she was advised it wasn’t her fault. A most unpleasant experience. Stay out of that location.

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Trust me I love eating at Pappadeaux’s

But the shrimp in the gumbo was way over cooked, hard, and chewy .

I forced myself to eat most of it but every time I’d take another shrimp that voice said bad gumbo

Reviewed May 14, 2018

Since my family lives in multiple states, we try to get together at Christmas, and we are often in the Dallas area for the holidays, so I like to choose Pappadeaux's to get some "hometown" cooking! We were a party of ten and I was able to make a reservation for the day after Christmas. Food and service are always great, and this visit was no exception. My husband and I each added a cup of gumbo to our lunch entrees, and with soft drinks our total came to $55. Our server ensured we had ample bread and butter on the table and drinks were refilled without asking. There was no problem splitting the check three ways. There's ample parking, so no problem finding a spot.

Food was really good, and we'll be back!

Reviewed May 10, 2018

This was my first experience with Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen! It won't be my last. I ordered off the appetizer menu, had the hand tossed seafood cocktail, the oyster duo, and a killer bloody mary!! The oysters were delicious, fresh, rich and hot. The seafood cocktail was ample, very fresh, and cold. Both were very delicious! The Bloody Mary was great, complete with 2 giant shrimp, some celery and a big nice olive. All in all, the meal was about 40 bucks. It was worth it, since I was too full to finish eating everything! Highly recommend!! Service was great, decor very nice.

Been to Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen? Share your experiences!