“Tex-Asia!”

Tei Tei Robata Bar
Ranked #390 of 3,896 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Barbecue, Japanese
Reviewed September 23, 2013

After completing business in Dallas, we opted on sushi for dinner. We've been to all the big names in uptown & wanted something different. We headed to Tei Tei Robato on a whim! We knew little about the place. It's in the Knox/Henderson area of Dallas- kinda like SoHo. We handed our keys to the valet attendant & was then directed down a cobble-stone path that was covered in an awning (of some type) that was reminiscent of a short stroll through a Japanese garden. Upon arrival, I was a bit let-down. They told me it would be a 30 minute wait...on a Wednesday! I almost pulled out, but mt wife convinced me to stay. We headed to the bar area & had a few martinis that were nothing short of well-prepared. They had a dj playing soft lounge music which we found very comforting. We waited maybe 20 minutes & were quickly ushered to a table. While I can't recall exactly everything I ordered, I can assure you it was all excellent. The all Asian staff is flawless, polite & well groomed. Put this place on your list for a one-of-a-kind night out!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Authentic Japanese cuisine, both raw and grilled. Get acquainted with the bar and wait staff and you will enjoy unusual food and drink suited for your specific taste. This is a very unique place - popular, lively, yet smallish and intimate.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The sushi here is among the best sushi I have ever eaten. Every variety appears to be offered at this hip Dallas eatery. Several locals had told us about this place and it lived up to our every expectation. Service was great. Good sushi takes time, especially on this crowded night, and it was worth it. We also enjoyed big, fresh salads as appetizers and delicious cocktail martinis. I would recommend this to anyone who loves sushi and some good people watching. I wish I could eat here every week. I would believe that some Dallas locals do!

1  Thank RelaxationMcGee
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

If you're just wanting a run of the mill sushi place, this is not the place. Albeit very pricey, as its literally a Japanese tapas bar, as all dishes are a la cart. Grilled fish melts in your mouth while offering high quality sake! Not for the every day diner but its diffinitely worth a try. Service was in a league of its own as well! Very helpful!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

the meal for me was a great disappointment, since we Omacassi which translates to ( the chef's heart) It was about a 5 to 6 course meal, and thanks to our waitress to tell us how it was to be eaten. You have to ask what it is ( I should have done that before the cow tongue) the last course was the better and it was sushi which was good (not great), green tea was on the bitter side, for me not a smooth flavor as it should have had. I can say this about Tei Tei's everything is fresh with no doubt. our bill was 170.00 for 2 people but we wanted to experience the Chef's heart and his most delicate dishes. For me it was most defiantly a one time thing,.. i wouldn't be going back.. also you are forced to do Valet Parking and expected to do a hefty tip so add that to the bill of 170. and your now into 180. to 200 bucks for dinner...

1  Thank roodee_lee