“No Tei Tei”

Tei Tei Robata Bar
Ranked #546 of 3,691 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Barbecue, Japanese
Reviewed June 24, 2013

the meal for me was a great disappointment, since we Omacassi which translates to ( the chef's heart) It was about a 5 to 6 course meal, and thanks to our waitress to tell us how it was to be eaten. You have to ask what it is ( I should have done that before the cow tongue) the last course was the better and it was sushi which was good (not great), green tea was on the bitter side, for me not a smooth flavor as it should have had. I can say this about Tei Tei's everything is fresh with no doubt. our bill was 170.00 for 2 people but we wanted to experience the Chef's heart and his most delicate dishes. For me it was most defiantly a one time thing,.. i wouldn't be going back.. also you are forced to do Valet Parking and expected to do a hefty tip so add that to the bill of 170. and your now into 180. to 200 bucks for dinner...

1  Thank roodee_lee

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My fav. In Dallas! Start with artichoke, next Kobe beef rock, then corn flake shrimp. Finish with the lobster. So great! Love the staff, love the food, love the experience.

1  Thank Jfontana1
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

4 Words -Soft Shell Crab Rolls. This place is consistently excellent. From the food to the atmosphere- to the sweet lady that walks around making sure you are taken care of. The drinks, dinner, service & atmosphere make a great evening with friends or family. Best to make reservations, the place is not huge- they have a nice bar area where you can relax while waiting for your table. I love sitting at the sushi bar- watching them prepare the meal is entertaining. We had ribeye cooked on the rock, sushi, grilled rice, spring rolls and the most incredible thing on the menu- soft shell crab rolls, these things are indescribable - yumo is all I can say. The only negative is the $ is slightly higher for non sushi items...but the quality, atmosphere & service makes up for the slightly higher $.. A must go if you visit Dallas...

1  Thank Dfwchristopher
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was told that this was the best place for sushi in Dallas. After a recent meal there, I discovered I should have listened more closely. I eat sushi all of the time and decided to venture off of the sushi menu and order some of the Robata items. While the Sashimi appetizer was good, all other items our table ordered were less than impressive. The hot rock beef appetizer was a joke. $22 for 6 pieces of raw meat with no flavor. Sure, you can drown it in soy sauce, but what is the point. Tei Tei was out of the wine we ordered so we ended up ordering some good wine $85/bottle that made the meal tolerable. The service was extremely slow which shouldn't happen is a restaurant the size of a shoe box. Stick with the Sushi if you go. $362 for table of 4; there are far better options in this area.

2  Thank northshorefoodie
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have been coming here regularly since it opened (more than 15 years). Its food and service have been consistent and terrific. Although it is one of the best sushi and sashimi places in town, we love its robata dishes. Every time, we order grilled whole branzino fish and quails. Our other favorites are sashimi salad, fried sweet peppers, crispy chicken rolls and soft-shell crab handrolls. Then we add a couple more of their specials; it becomes a completely satisfying meal. Ready to go back just thinking about it! By the way, no reservation unless it's for 6 or more (and there is only one table for 6 or more).