“Beyond the ordinary Mexican Restaurant”
Review of La Calle Doce

La Calle Doce
Reserve with OpenTable
La Calle Doce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #738 of 3,609 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Live Oak
Charleston, South Carolina
“Beyond the ordinary Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Although I have been to La Calle Doce in Oak Cliff, this was my first experience with the newer site on Skillman which is much closer to my Dallas family. The modern ambiance is much different than the old house in Oak Cliff, but, to me, it was much more welcoming and relaxing and I did not have the crowded, very rushed, and impersonal feeling that I experienced at their Oak Cliff restaurant. The service was excellent as was the food. While one could order the standard tacos, burritos, beans, etc. I encourage you to step out of the box and explore their many other offerings. Everyone in our party was extremely pleased with their order. This restaurant is on my permanent “must do” list whenever I am in Dallas.

• Visited March 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Sweet Street”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

No complaints at all. Great food, great prices, great atmosphere, prompt service. This neighborhood restaurant/bar has one of the best happy hours in the city: $3 margs! Nachos are outstanding. Specializes in Mexican seafood dishes. Really special place. Try it...you'll like it!

Visited February 2013
Homer Glen, Illinois
“Great meal”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Had a great experience. The food was fresh and authentic. Would definately return. One of us had the Pailla, another a shrimp fish and I had the fajitas.

Tucson
“Charming Setting, Great Food”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

When you walk up to this gorgeous restaurant, it is something so pleasant and warm with the white wrap around porch and old home feel to it. It is a pleasant surprise that the food is Mexican seafood done right. I went out to eat there with my sister on a recent visit to Dallas, it was in her old neighborhood and she had fond memories of it. The salsa is delicious, perfect spice and texture. Our waitress was very good, attentive and made sure everyone was enjoying the meal. I ordered Alma’s Special Seafood Salad which was absolutely wonderful, perfectly spiced and grilled shrimp, tilapia & catfish filets, mixed greens, tomato, jicama, cucumber, carrots, avocado slices & a tangy house dressing. The guacamole and ceviche appetizers were both delicious. Other folks in the party had different fish dishes that they also enjoyed, Three Amigos Seafood Tacos got rave reviews as well as Enchiladas Verdes. My niece finished with Pastel 3 Leches which deemed a success, my nephew had Laura’s Flan, it was also tasty. I really enjoyed the meal, it was a lovely dining experience.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank DixieJ
Plano, Texas
“Nice Try, but No Cigar”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This was a new place for us, but I doubt that we will return. The restaurant bills itself as featuring "Mexican Seafood," which it does. However, the visit was generally disappointing. The best dish was a nicely prepared and properly cooked salmon offering. Two different shrimp dishes featured small, overcooked shrimp; not bad enough to return, but not good enough to order again. Most of the dish was taken up by the side and rice. The paella was adequate, but no more. However, there was a lot of it. All of the dishes had a nice appearance.
The worst part was the noise level. There may have been quieter spots in the multi-room facility, but we could not carry on conversation.

• Visited July 2012