“Pork Fajita's all the way” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dallas, Texas
1,096 restaurant reviews
“Pork Fajita's all the way”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

Overall there food is just basic nothing special. There drinks through, always cold, decent pours. You'll never hear the words "I can't taste the booze"
Best time to go is Thursday lunch special is outstanding, and the pork fajita's all day every day are to die for.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

nolaqueen
“What happened?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

This is a place we always try to be around when in Dallas area. We have rated at several locations and always had great experience until this last time. The were only a few table with customers and we waited a bit for food only for my food to come to table twice cold. Sent it back and second also cold. Am hoping was just a fluke and may give them one more redeeming chance.

Dallas, Texas
“Not What It Used to Be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

I've been dining at Mercado Juarez in Dallas for over 25 years so on a recent trip back to Dallas I decided to take my 11 year old son there for dinner. The first thing I noticed was that some of my all time favorite dishes were no longer on the menu. Ther restaurant wasn't packed with diners like it used to be but the food was still very tasty and well prepared. The staff was friendly but didn't make regular visits back to our table to check on us. I'm sure I'll always stop in to Mercado Jaurez when I'm in town but I'd really appreciate it if they put some of their original items back on the menu.

txtraveler46
“I like the warm hot sauce”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

Better than average Tex-Mex. Best in the general area. This applies to the one on Northwest Highway. Don't waste your time with the one in Arlington.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Norman, Oklahoma
“One of Dallas' enduring landmark restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

If you consider yourself a Tex-Mex afficianado, you owe it to yourself to try Mercado Juarez at least once. Even though it is a large place, it can be quite difficult to get into during peak hours, so I recommend going a little early or later. The neighborhood is a little seedy and the parking can be dicey (they have a lot, but it is pretty small), but the food and service is well worth it. I have never ordered anything that was not top notch. A fun place to go with a large group, especially for a birthday or other special occasion. Try it - you'll like it!

• 5 of 5 bubbles