“Pretty good food, better value”
Review of Avanti Restaurant

Avanti Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Avanti Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 3,900 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Worthinghton
Transit: Uptown Trolley & Dart Stop in front of restaurant
Description: For the urban connoisseur dine al fresco, sip, mingle and eat outdoors amongst your friends on the trendy McKinney Avenue stip. Avanti Restaurant offers an intimate dinning room with a sleek Uptown bistro atmosphere, where you can enjoy live music nightly. Our menu features Italian and Mediterranean dishes made with seafood, steak, veal and homemade pasta as well as a unique wine collection. Avanti has become a Dallas mainstay, a chic neighborhood restaurant for over twenty-nine years.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Reasonable prices sounds like a poor way to endorse an eatery, but they are. Tasty Italian food from appetizers to entrees. Very good ceviche, salads could improve a little, entrees are nicely done. Would definitely go again. Good wine selection - always a positive.

1  Thank Bruce W

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went here before a show at Winspear--and glad we found it! The food was delicious! And the service was great! My husband had a champagne/citrus chicken--which he would like me to try re-create at home! I had the salmon special, which was stuffed with spinach and crabmeat---some of the best salmon I have ever had! The service was excellent and the prices right! We will definitely come back!

1  Thank Deborah L
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Enjoyed a nice steak at this restaurant; overall, the food was enjoyable albeit a bit pricey. Our waiter was absolutely fabulous; prompt and personable. Nice wine list, live music later in the evening on Saturday night, good tiramisu....overall, nice night out.

1  Thank GirlOnAGlobe
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Avanti Ristorante has always been one of my favorite places to go the first night I travel to Dallas on business. The last time I was dissatisfied with my dish I always order, the seafood pasta dish.
There were maybe three tiny scallops, three shrimp, four little mussels and the rest was all calamari. I have ordered this many times and love it but this time very few ingredients. I mentioned this to my waiter and all he could say was "I will let the chef know". I left very disappointed. Not sure if I will return as they didn't seem to care and I have been there numerous times over the past years.

3  Thank Steve W
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This place is very small and intimate. Great for a romantic dinner. They had live music (one man band) and great service. Food was well for the price. Be sure to make a reservation if you are interested in going.