“Nice atmosphere”
Review of Cadot Restaurant

Cadot Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cadot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 3,847 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Frankford
Transit: We are on Dart route 350.
Description: Dallas Chef, Jean-Marie Cadot, brings new flavors to the metroplex with his North Dallas French restaurant. Cadot Restaurant offers wedding, private event and business catering in addition to their lunch and dinner service.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I sincerely liked the atmosphere. The food is good; portions are European in size; the service is good; the staff is friendly. The wine list is expensive. The management is visible to ensure a quality dining experience. Late afternoon lunch is my favorite time to go. I wish they were open on Saturday for lunch. The souffle is delicious!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great food in a relaxed atmosphere yet classy. My wife and I have tried many menu items and have never been disappointed. The calamari appetizer is worth the visit. Waitstaff is very attentive. The chef is the owner and comes out to greet and meet on occasion. Great restaurant!!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a pre-Valentine's date at Cadot and I would rate this with 3.5 stars if I could. We were greeted at the door, our waiter was very helpful and offered recommendations on the menu and the Chef came to talk to us at the end of our meal... Now, the food. I ordered the pecan crusted fish (snapper?) which turned out to be bland, the most remarkable thing was the asparagus bed. My husband ordered one of the specials: the boar! it was the first time we both had this meat, very nice. The meat was cooked thoroughly and was very soft and tasty.
They offer a good selection of wines. We had to send back a bottle since it was corked, not until we asked our server to take it back he mentioned the whole case had turned out to be like that... really??? then why do you keep serving it? he then proceeded to recommend one of the most expensive bottles on the menu which we kindly rejected and made a different choice.
Overall, the atmosphere is nice, the service was very good but the food quality ranged from average to very good....

Reviewed February 25, 2013

After reading others reviews I have to say I was hesitant to write mine. However, if I failed to then I wouldn't be doing a service to TripAdvisor. I do take reviews seriously and hope someone can benefit from another perspective.

Our visit was in late November and we were treating 2 people to birthday dinners. When we arrived we were lead to the bar area to wait until our party arrived. After sitting down we were told the table was reserved, but we could go outside. Really? "Yes, it's someone who comes here often." Apparently the greeter hadn't gotten the message because there were no "RESERVED" signs at the table. After a raised eyebrow, we were told it was permissible to go ahead and be seated and wait for our guests to arrive. I would have liked to have ordered a drink, but we were never asked.

On our guests arrival, we told the server we were celebrating birthdays of our guests. Not to secure a freebie, but to maybe have them at least mention it along the way.

Our server, and I apologize if I can't remember her name made a big impression with the Dover Sole and raved about how it would presented tableside in a crust, then unwrapped to each. Yes, it was 60.00, but the presentation is really exceptional. Ok, well it was a birthday, so on her recommendation we ordered it. We had both eaten this before other places, so I knew what to expect for our guest.

When our orders were brought to the table we were shocked to see the much anticipated fish laying naked on the plate. No special presentation, no hoopla. Honestly I couldn't tell you it looked or tasted different than an ordinary piece of baked fish from a local Luby's cafeteria.

We asked the server why the presentation was not done, and she explained that the kitchen must have forgotten. My first response was why did they forget if this is a presentation piece? Is that the norm for the dish? Her response was, "I'll go speak to them".

She did go talk to the head waiter. As we could see him from where we were, he was very dismissive about it. He didn't bother to come talk to us, I can only surmise we were too much trouble. Not wanting to make a scene in front of our guests, we apologized to them that the dish wasn't as ordered and finished our meal. We ordered deserts, but again no mention of birthdays. Again, I wasn't out for a freebie, but at least have the courtesy to mention it if only it was when we were leaving...

The next day my daughter called to speak to them about the incident and was asked, "Well, did you have a reservation?" Yes, as a matter of fact we did. She gave them our name so they could verify what we had ordered. When she explained what had happened, he said, " All the sole is served like that, we don't do the presentation" and, "The server was mistaken". You know she didn't seem the least bit like she was making that up, I promise. That might have been acceptable had it been true, but she was also abruptly hung up on. Another follow up call was handled just the same. It must be their protocol to hang up on guests instead of handling problems. Just to note, he identified himself both times as the manager.

We won't be going back to this restaurant again. There are many great restaurants in Dallas, many that do a better job. I'd advise you to search them out!

3  Thank TexasGal-02
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Good location, nice looking building and layout. I ordered the salmon and my wife ordered a chicken dish. Both looked great when brought out. The only problem we had, was neither dish had any taste. It was like eating a chunk of unflavored gelatin. Their first impression was a guarantee we would not be back.

1  Thank DonJancauskas