“Private club ?”
Review of Fox & Hound

Fox & Hound
Reserve with OpenTable
Fox & Hound is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,294 of 3,713 Restaurants in Dallas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went there to watch NCAA final 4. Being from out of state, I was thrown back by having to produce license that was scanned. the hostess only said it was a private club. Ok, what does that mean? Do I get a membership card, what shows I'm a member if I visit next time. No explanation at all. Only said, it was so I could drink. It was only after I talked to friends and Goggled it to find that Texas was a dry state. Strangs, seems that this information could be provided up front and why did others get a free pass ? Service/server was so, so. Probably won't visit this location again.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Server was attentive and fun. Atmosphere was bright but relaxed. We had a really good time. Only bad thing - the smoking area is quite a hike from the bar. I don't mind going outside, but it was like half a football field away from where we were sitting (it's a big place). I also wish that there was not a set of stairs between the pool table room and bar/restrooms; that's just an accident waiting to happen with my crew.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

My friend and I went here for some cold brewskies and drinks. We arrived around 7:00 p.m. (still in time for happy hour). The prices can't be beat. I had two beers ($2 each-and very large and COLD). My friend had Crown Royal Black. I forget the price but I remember her saying how cheap the price was. And for $1 more she got a double. Man! Talking about TV screens-they're everywhere. Great for sports lovers. You can also play billiards. We decided to stay awhile so we ordered guacamole and chips. Our waitress mistakenly brought us spinach dip. We didn't order it so she didn't charge us. That made it even more delicious. She brought the very delicious guacamole (which is made on the premises) and some really good salsa. We had a ton of chips. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. We could tell she really enjoys her job. We planned to stay about an hour, but when we checked the time it was 10:15 p.m. We were having soooo much fun but my friend had to go to work today so we decided we better go on home. We have lived in the neighborhood for years and had never gone to the Fox and Hound. Well, now that we know what a great place it is we will surely be going back.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

. Located smack dab in the middle of downtown Ft. Worth, the Horse and Hound is an excellent pub for just about any fancy. The first of two stories offers private booths and tables for quite conversation, or group a get together, as well as, a bar with flat screens in case you want to catch the latest sports action. However, the real fun is on the second floor which has its own pool hall with eight regulation size tables. For those of us who are pool junkies the tables were great quality as were the cues. The drink selection seemed good enough, although they could use a few more whiskey selections, and we did not try the food, so I cannot vouch for that; however, the atmosphere and staff alone are enough to make this pub a good end to a trip to downtown Ft. Worth.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Big place, lots of beers, typical bar/pub menu. Poor a good black & tan. The food came out quickly and was tasty. I had the spinach salad, my friend had fish & chips. The salad has a little of everything, and a little too much dressing for my taste. It would have been better if they had cleaned the big stems. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. Lots of big screens to watch whatever games are on. My only negative, and it is a big one, is that they allow smoking. The smoke is thick, you will want to leave your clothes outside when you get home.

Been to Fox & Hound? Share your experiences!