“Incredible Food, New Menu Lacking; Service Needs Work”
Review of Mi Piaci Cucina Italiana - CLOSED

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Northwest Highway
Description: Mi Piaci Cucina Italiana serves Innovative Italian cuisine with an award winning wine list. Located in Park Cities area in Preston Center. Enjoy house made bread and pastas, house cured meats, risottos and specialty pizzas. Mi Piaci offers a large bar downstairs as well as a spacious patio for al fresco dining. Upstairs is home to Enoteca Wine Bar which opens daily at 4pm and offers an extensive award winning wine selection as well as handcrafted specialty cocktails in addition to dining tables. Upstairs is also home to another large patio that has retractable ceilings and air conditioning making it a great destination all year round for dinner or just to meet friends for drinks. Complimentary Valet Parking is always available. You can also self-park in the garage connected to Mi Piaci.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

First of all, I want to say that I've had the most incredible food, wine and coffees here of ANY Italian restaurant ever. I dream about some of the dishes I've had here and bring out of town guests here so that they too can savor the flavors...I wanted to rate this one 5 stars but in good conscience, could not. Why? Honestly? 90% of our visits here have been met with exceedingly poor wait staff. They have either been extremely slow, mildly rude or both. We only had a good waiter on one occasion and were so thrilled we tipped him 30%. The other reason is that Mi Piaci's newer menu has been seriously pared down. One of the scallop dishes we adored so much is gone (diver scallops) - as well as the lamb dish and many other items. The menu is well, tiny now. Not much of a selection at all. I hope this is temporary and due to the recent move to the new location. All in all, we'll be back to check out the new location in a few weeks to see how the food is holding up..

1  Thank TopazDreams

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The new Park Cities location is a great addition to the "Italian Poor" restaurant scene in this part of Dallas. Although there were several miscues, I'm going to give Mi Piaci the benefit of the doubt until our next visit. Our party of four enjoyed salads and pastas which were delicious except for the tomato and avocado salad which contained "rock solid" avocados. The wine list could benefit from an expansion of additional Italian varietals.

My biggest complaint was the noise factor. It was extremely difficult to carry on a conversation. Our comment to the manager yielded this response --" we are having noise cancelling ceiling tiles installed soon"????

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I ate dinner at Mi Piaci - Park Cities this week, and I found a new menu that it has the same quality of the previous menu, my new favorite dishes are Gnochi Di Mari because it melts in my mouth and the Sea Bass over green risotto, phenomenal combination. The selection of cheeses still great and service even better than before. I like the location because is more accessible to and central. Congratulations and keep doing the good work!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We visited the new location this week, on Preston Road in the Park Cities of Dallas.

The restaurant is relatively small so reservations are a must. The location is off of a busy Preston Road but the valet was easy to access.

The service and food were very good . We shared all dishes ranging from a starter of tuna tartare-excellent- to salads to pastas. All very good.

The wine list is large. We did not have wine ( we had beers and cocktails instead) but several of the wines appeared over priced to us

Service was good . The noise level is high and that might bother some people . To us , it gave the place a bit of a New York bistro feel which we liked. Reasonable bar scene.

We will return--this is a good addition to the Park Cities

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were celebrating a friend's birthday. We started with the calamari, the carpaccio and an antipasti platter, all were great but the carpaccio was exceptional. I ordered the salmon which was delicious but will definitely order the sea bass next time as my husband ordered it and it was amazing. Our friends ordered several of the pasta dishes all which received great reviews. One standout was the gnocchi with seafood. We cannot wait to be back. Service was attentive and informative.