“Hidden Jewel”

Hattie's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hattie's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 3,580 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore
“Hidden Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Had no clue where to eat in the city. Did a yelp.com search and stumbled across this spot. I made reservations straight from the airport and arrive to great service and food. Can't wait to return to Dallas to come back here. I had the shrimp and grits, which I believe is a Southern Staple and I was very pleased.

• Visited March 2014

Dorset, Vermont
“Delish Southern Fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was our 4th or 5th visit. We always try to dine here when we're in town. Lunch or dinner, the food is always well prepared. We started the evening with the Texas Cosmo & Carolina Heat cocktails which were expertly mixed with quality ingredients. The fried oysters and prosciutto wrapped figs are just the best. This time the fried green tomatoes were too hard and we sent them back. For entrees we savored the shrimp & grits (very creamy & zesty) and the pecan encrusted catfish (perfectly cooked), and the vegetarian onion tartlet. All tasty and ideal portion sizes. Wine list isn't huge, but the selections offered are very nice and work well with the menu items. The key lime pie for dessert was a winner! It's always really good here. Service is competent, but it doesn't go above and beyond. If it did, the experience would be even better.

• Visited March 2014
“Delicious brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to take some out of towners here for brunch after hearing so many positive reviews. Make sure you have a reservation! I had the blue crab cake Benedict and can't wait to go again just for this dish! If going to brunch I'd skip the grits and do the hash browns.

Houston, Texas
“A Hometown Favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've dined at Hattie's several times over the past 10+ years, always delicious! It's located in a quaint/artsy area of North Oak Cliff, about 10 minutes from downtown Dallas. It's excellent for brunch or dinner. I would highly recommend to those visiting and locals!

• Visited March 2013
“Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

First, the Bishop Arts District can get crowded so I recommend taking advantage of Hattie's $5 valet service and avoid trying to find a parking spot. Also, make reservations for your meal at Hattie's since it is deserves its popularity. Getting there early allows you to reward yourself with a drink in the small bar waiting area in the front of the restaurant.
We started our brunch with tomato bisque with a mini grilled cheese sandwich. The bisque was creamy and not acidic. It has a red pepper flavor to it that added great taste without very much burn. I had the buttermilk fried chicken and it was wonderful. The batter of the boneless chicken breast was crispy and golden brown. It topped mashed potatoes and was covered in tasso ham gravy. It was accompanied by a vegetable medley. My wife had the blue crab cake benedict and loved it. We finished our meal with the key lime tart.
The food was great but the service was just a little slow. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since it was so busy. We can't wait to return for dinner.

• Visited February 2014