“Worth a try, if you haven't experienced low country cuisine”

Hattie's Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 3,656 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

First of all, we tried this during Dallas restaurant week, made a reservation. However, when we got there and asked for restaurant week menu, we were told we needed to do that at time of reservation. Really? No mention of on website or when we called. We ordered from the menu, stuffed chicken was okay. Ordered the stuffed Fig app, it was dry but okay. Split the bread pudding very small portion, not flavorful. Service was good, staff very nice and attentive. Try Tillman's, so much better.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was our first time to Hatties as we are new to Dallas. Hatties is located in an interesting part of Dallas in Oak Cliff. This is a vibrant area, with many great restaurants and shops.

Hatties was excellent. Great waiter and very good food. Nice ambiance . We will definitely come back !!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

It's been over a year since my last visit to Hattie's since I now live in the suburbs. A friend was visiting, so I thought Bishop Arts was a nice meeting spot for brunch and she'd never been there. A reservation is a must for this place on weekends. I told the host (think he might be the owner because I've seen him whenever I've been there over the years) I'd forgotten to make a reservation. He noticed that my friend had been waiting there for me for some time, so he got us a table ASAP, even though the wait was 1.5 hours. Now that's great service!

The waiter recommended the Pom Pom, which is champagne and pomegranate juice. Yum!
I had the Eggs Benedict special that had beef instead of ham. The beef was cooked perfectly. My friend had chicken and waffles. She said the waffle was really good and the chicken moist and tender, but it had no seasoning. Frankly, I wouldn't have ordered that because you can find it on most menus these days. Hattie's is known for their Low Country Shrimp and Grits, Macaroni and Cheese, Cornmeal Griddle Cakes and Pecan Crusted Catfish, to name a few. I've had all and all are winners. They also offer complimentary Banana Bread or Sourdough with butter to start. Really good coffee as well.

This place has great ambience. Great for dates, GNO and families.

Valet parking is available for $5. Parking can be tight but if you know the area, you can usually find a place to park in one of the lots.

I love this little area. Cute shops, good restaurants with not a chain in site! The surrounding area is old residential and eclectic. If you don't have an open mind, it's not the place for you and you are missing out!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

If you're in the mood for some hip comfort food then Hattie's is the place. Their take on grits, collard greens and mac and cheese are not only delicious but very generous too. Wait staff is friendly and helpful and the bright and airy space feels both comfy and chic at the same time. We'll be back.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

First, Bishop Arts District is home to quite a number of great restaurants but let it be known that Hattie's takes a backseat to none of them. My wife and I along with another couple went there for dinner last weekend and were all pleasantly thrilled with our experience. We had a smorgasbord of different foods that we all shared family style but the 2 winners for me were the calamari and meatloaf. Both were the best I have ever had...anywhere. Another great thing was this place is severely under priced for the quality of food you receive with a good number of plates at $20 or less. Only draw was our waiter. For the quality of food we received he was just o.k. but it was busy that night so maybe a pass is warranted. Will def return.