“Fun old-fashioned diner!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Norma's Cafe
Ranked #168 of 3,560 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Norma's Cafe is a Dallas home-cooking institution, founded in 1956. Norma's serves up hot, fresh and delicious savory home-styled meals, with a sinfully Southern flare, that are sure to make your mouth water. The original location has been operating in Oak Cliff for over 50 years. Now, Norma's has a new location on Dallas Parkway in North Dallas. Norma's Cafe is the rare type of restaurant that one can stop by for just a cup of our freshly brewed coffee or a full-on family meal and leave equally satisfied. With our fun-loving cafe atmosphere and iconic Texas photos and decor, Norma's Cafe is a place where you can have your pie and eat it too.
Dallas, Texas, USA
“Fun old-fashioned diner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Norma's is a step back in time. Great home cooked food. I really enjoyed the veggies that came with my great huge serving of meatloaf. They have pinto beans, turnip greens, mashed potatoes . . . all the wonderful oldies like my grandma used to make! My husband got the fried shrimp and they gave him a large portion. The cornbread and rolls were very good. I plan on eating here often. Oh yes, the pie and the cobbler are great - with ice cream on the side!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Montgomery, Texas
“Pie and breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

It was "pi" day (3-14) and we wanted to get our teenage choir group pies. Since they were rehearsing all day, we needed them to go. Norma's was perfect. The pies were great and the service was prompt. The kids loved them. We were so impressed that we went back for Brunch on Saturday. The place was packed but the wait was quick and the food delicious.

Berlin NH
“Great Family Diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a great family diner with amazing home cooking and very friendly staff. I had the grilled chicken plate and it was very tasty and included a salad, cornbread and two sides. I had never had sweet tea and they offered me a free glass to try. The homemade desserts ate the best. Highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“ooooo.... i absolutely LOVED the food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've heard great things about Norma's for years, and decided to finally go one day for my lunch break from a training session. It's a typical diner setting... small, homey, no frills... but the food...omigosh... I went in and ordered the chicken fried chicken with dressing, turnip greens, and macaroni and cheese. Now... I'm African-American, so my standards were high for taste... and they surpassed my expectations! The rolls are collosal and delicious! The portion sizes are great and the prices are even better. I left there raving! I sat at the counter, ordered my food, ate, and was out in about 35 minutes. If it were closer, I would go more often, but I absolutely loved it!... sooo good! They also have lots of food options from soul food to tex mex... breakfast... to dinner...

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ARob623
Texas
“Best Chicken Fried Steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Saw Norma's Cafe on DFW Foodies and read about it in numerous local publications. Best Chicken Fried Steak in the metroplex! Juicy, tender & flavorful! Great service and 100% home cooking!! Sides were excellent! Can;t wait to return!

• Visited January 2013