“Will Work for Food”
Review of Simply Fondue

Simply Fondue
Reserve with OpenTable
Simply Fondue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #790 of 3,899 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Offering a Unique Dining Experience near the heart of Dallas' Lower Greenville, Simply Fondue Dallas specializes in four courses of delicious fondue. Enjoy a refreshing beer or a splendid bottle of wine from our newly updated beverage menu. Then, start your meal experience with a crisp, refreshing salad, followed by your choice of savory cheese fondue - all are served with fresh bread, vegetables and apples. Next, indulge your tastebuds with your choice of entree selections, all cooked in your preferred option at your table, and served with seasonal vegetables and our signature dipping sauces. Finally, end your night with the sweet treat of Chocolate Fondue, from simple Original Milk Chocolate to tantalizing Kahlua Heath Crunch, our Dessert Fondue menu will please any sweet tooth. Flambeed, and served with an assortment of marshmallows, cake, fruit and other delectable dipping items. We would love to accommodate your group event or special occasion requests - please let us make your night out spectacular! Make your reservation today for a truly unique experience!
Reviewed December 22, 2013

That's what I felt like...having to work for my dinner. Way too much work for me. The lighting in the restaurant is awful. I could not read the menu without a flashlight, The food was OK but nothing special. I do not plan to return.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I go to this location every time a Groupon deal is offered. Each time I have had excellent food and excellent service. Location is right in the middle of historic Greenville Avenue. I have called for a last minute reservation on several occasions and have always been accommodated. This is a unique dining experience and with the Groupon, it makes it a darn good deal! I am a long time customer and would recommend this restaurant to couples and families for special occasions. I do not recommend taking children. They would have to sit still for 2 to 3 hours as the dining experiences long and there is hot oil on the table.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Beware! if you're using a voucher or coupon at Simply Fondue, they will charge local taxes on the ENTIRE amount, even after deducting the cost of the discounted item(s). I use a lot of coupons/vouchers and have NEVER had any of them (salons, restaurants, car care, etc) charge on the FULL amount. if you negotiate a good price in buying a vehicle, would you expect to pay taxes on the MSRP or the amount you agreed to pay for the vehicle?? you WILL be paying on the MSRP at Simply Fondue, so your coupon/voucher isn't as valuable as it appears. Be forewarned!

food was OK....they skimmed on many of the veges....tons of carrots and few mushrooms. and the dippable desserts were chock full of marshmellows and very little fruit.

our meal was unhurried, largely b/c we were practically the only ones in there on a Sunday night

2  Thank bravestrong
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I love going to fondue style restaurants because it is romantic, fun and its a long dinner in which you can take the time to enjoy your partner. We had a bad experience with the melting pot (see review) so we decided to try Simply Fondue out. So much better and they definitely have our business from now on! This place gives you more meats and the batter option to add batter to the meats, veges and cheese balls. Every course was very good. We went with thier original two course with canola oil and the Heath crunch chocolate. The waiter was great, even the manager came by to see how we were. We were stuffed after the dinner. it was so much food that my fiance and i could not eat all of the meats or dessert! We were very impressed with this place. Parking is always a hassle but with that said anywhere you go on Greenville Ave is always a hassle but its worth it. We went on a Sunday night so parking wasn't too bad a restaurant was not overly crowded. Great job to Simply Fondu - We will be back!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had a Travelzoo Localdeal voucher, so we got the Classic Dinner for two. Our waitress, Sonya, was great -- we told her up front that this was all new for us, so she helped us along with all parts of the meal! We took her recommendations and were well pleased. She warned us up front that we would be there for 2+ hours, so that wasn't a surprise to us.

We had the Wisconsin cheese fondue to start, each of us were able to select a salad (I had the Greek salad and my husband had the Strawberry - both were great), we chose 7 meats (pepper tenderloin and Ahi were our favorites), and then the Baileys Irish cream chocolate fondue for dessert (YUM!).

We appreciated the un-rushed experience. Each table is very private and we enjoyed our meal and each other.

The only negative - since we cooked the meats at our table, I wished I had not worn a wool sweater as it picked up some of the cooking smells. But... a bit of Febreeze at home, and it's all good!

2  Thank pattic777