“Good but not the Best TexMex in Dallas”

Gloria's Latin Cuisine
Ranked #269 of 3,614 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Mexican, Salvadoran
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gloria's growth has been a constant ever since then. Now boasting 15 Texas locations, the restaurant still serves the same delicious Latin cuisine that has been satifying hungry Texans for over 25 years.
Johnstown, Colorado
“Good but not the Best TexMex in Dallas”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Three of us ate at Gloria’s on Greenville on an early Sunday evening. Being something of a cheapskate, I hate to valet park unless I have to, so I was feeling a little testy before I walked in the door. Then we had to choose between the frigid interior or the noisy front patio that is literally inches from a very busy Dallas street. It was noisy the whole time we were there, but I guess that was better than freezing. The service is outstanding, quick, friendly and efficient. The menu is a very interesting mixture of Mexican and Central American food. All of our entrees were large portioned and tasty. We had a Ceviche Trio appetizer that was as good as I have ever had. Wife’s Fajitas looked good, as did the daughters huge burrito. I had the Pollo alla Mexicana which was moist and flavorful. No desserts this meal, but the Tres Leches and Flan sure sounded tempting.

• Visited June 2013

Dallas
“Rude management, impossibly loud, overpriced, average food”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I miss the old Gloria's in Oak Cliff. The new building, although much nicer, has horrible acoustics. We took visiting family to dinner on Friday and were seated by a large party upstairs. The sound was so deafening that you couldn't hear the person sitting next to you. Even the waitstaff was grimacing. When I asked management if we could move to another table when available, we were told that the party would be leaving soon. 20 minutes later, we gave up, boxed up our food and left. When I complained to management about not being given the opportunity to move to another table, we were told that they had other customers waiting. So, the lesson learned is that Gloria's mgmt is basically useless, doesn't care about customer satisfaction, and are borderline rude. As Oak Cliff locals, we will not be back. The place is overpriced, too crowded, and customer service is non-existent. I recommend Veracruz in Bishops or Calle Doce instead. Much nicer atmosphere AND better food at both.

• Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Better for dancing than eating”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

From a foodie perspective, you can get much better Central American cuisine elsewhere in Dallas. If you are looking to drink and salsa on the weekend, this is the place. Happy hour is better value for money.

• Visited September 2012
Dallas, Texas
“I love Gloria's”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great margaritas, patio dining is always fun. Kids love the menu and I go there for the ceviche tostadas. It is one of the better ceviches you will find in the area. Tasty!

Visited April 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“First timer..soon to be regular”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Some friends told me about Gloria's and we went on my birthday. Have to say truly surprised. Was not expecting a Mexican resturant w/the name Gloria's. But loved it. I so enjoyed the refried bean dip w/ the chips and salsa, so much better than queso. I had the nachos and it was enough to bring home and have for lunch the next day, The drinks were really good as well and the drink specials lasted well into the late evening (8ish), The wait staff was very friendly and make it enjoyable. Would so recommend this to anyone wanting good food, good service and reasonable price.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Gloria's Latin Cuisine? Share your experiences!