“DO Not eat here. They ignore you.”

Henk's European Deli & Black Forest Bakery
Ranked #275 of 3,738 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My God it was if i was on a reality show. Not only do you have to share long picnic tables with other people giving you the impression your sitting down at a creepy church picnic. but they ignored us and took other peoples orders all around us. I mean they looked me in the eye and kept walking. Horrible

Reviewed October 11, 2011

Server was Hanneke - she was both prompt & attentive. Food was GREAT! Had the beef Rouladen - nicely spiced braised beef (with onion & bacon & seasonings inside) - only $10.95 comes w/2 sides (I chose the German potato salad and tasty green beans). It came with a deli-style pickle spear. Draft Beer prices are VERY reasonable - imports such as Spaten Lager= $4.25 for large (22 oz) size!
Try to save room for desert(s) - Henks owns the attached Black Forest Backery - featuring dozens of delicious temptations - tasty truffles to tarts to cakes such as Schwartzwalderkirschetorte (original German Chocolate cake)! Came on a Saturday night. They have LIVE music every Friday & Saturday night playing Oktoberfest-style and Austrian/German music - included with no cover charge. Am looking forward to my next visit :) Prosit!

6  Thank MFin2011
Reviewed July 2, 2008

We loved this place every time we visit dallas we go to Henk's. Several friends do the same. I was born in Germany and I was very impressed with Henk's.
Joe