“Out of town”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Northwest Dallas-love Field
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Called long distance . Surprise for my 5 boys(not all mine). They were professional and accommodating. The pizzas were Extra large and covered with toppings, no skimpin. I would highly recommend Sal's to anyone who wants a really good pizza. Would be happy to do business again, Wish they were in San Antonio. Thank you

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

After reading some good reviews about Sal's we decided to try it out. They only have two high chairs, so if you are the third family needing a high chair you are out of luck. We were family number three... It is not an enjoyable dining experience to wrestle a one year old and play the "pass the baby back and forth to take turns eating" game. That said, the pizza was huge for the price, however the taste was just ok. We always get an extra large pizza whenever we eat pizza out because we love cold pizza the next day for breakfast! This pizza was terrible the next day. We couldn't even finish it. There are too many other pizza places in Dallas for us to try to return to Sal's.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Sal's Pizza is amazing! I had a large pie, pepperoni, mushroom, and jalapeño, my favorite, and it was truly scrumptious. It was delivered quickly hot by a friendly driver, on a Sunday at kickoff time. It was baked perfectly all the way through, and the crust was even tasty. I really enjoyed the cheese and the ingredients were fresh and high quality. It was less that $20 and I found it to be a great value and a better experience.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I visited Sal's for dinner while attending a conference at the Hilton Anatole. Sal's is about 1.25 mile walk from the hotel. We saw a number of guests at the hotel enjoying their delivery pizza so we decided to give the restaurant a try. The food was very good and the prices were quite reasonable. I particularly liked their Sicilian pizza. The crust was tasty and the toppings were all fresh. We had quite a bit left over and we enjoyed it later on in our stay.

They offered beer by the pitcher which always goes well with pizza. The wait staff were very friendly and attentive. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We've ordered Sal's pizza for delivery quite a few times. I've noticed that sometimes the center of the extra large pizzas have doughy, runny crust. Since then, we've stuck with sizes no bigger than larges- those seem to be cooked throughout. Also, they tend to be skimpy with the toppings at times. When you're paying ~$20 for a pizza, I expect the pie to be filled with toppings. That being said, it's still pretty good.

The inside of the restaurant is very dated, but I kinda like it. I got the Stromboli for lunch recently. I was really impressed with the size and number of toppings for the price.

Overall, I'd say 3.5 stars, but I'll be nice and round up to 4.

1  Thank Jimm B

Been to Sal's Pizza & Restaurant? Share your experiences!