“Not worth the money”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Lamar
Transit: Dart to the Westend Station go North on Market Street.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We walked right in on a Sunday night, there was no one in the place. We started with the Spinich dip, it was tasty but needed salt. Our teenage girls split the chicken, there was plenty of food but the chicken was dry. We then ordered a sirlon steak medium rare. The steak came out medium well and our waitress was no where to be found. I finally got up and found her at the hostess station talking and told her our steak was overdone. She brought it back to the open kitchen where we were able to see the cook give us dirty looks and throw the steak away. Our second steak was rarer alright, it was so underdone that the center was cold. We didn't dare send it back again so we just ate the edges and got out of there. I would not recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for The Butcher Shop Steakhouse

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Ate here for lunch on Sunday, the smell lured us in the prices were fair but the steaks were inflated a bit. They had a buffet that had hamburgers and other foods on it but we went for the steaks.
I ordered mine medium rare but he called it medium + and when it came out it was done no pink throughout just brown. This steak had flavor but was a touch dry its a good thing I had the shrimp and some sort of sauce on top of steak to help with moisture. My wife ordered hers done and it was to her liking. The Asparagus was delicious and baked potato was just that a baked potato.
We dropped 119.00 on lunch and to be quite honest it was about a 65.00 meal. Wish I could have raved about this place but not on this experience.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I organized the dinner for 30+ fellow Keller Williams Realtors from my office. It was the best meal we had while we were at Family Reunion Convention.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Loved the food, we had a party of ten and needed to talk during dinner which proved to be an issue. They didn't have anyplace sectioned off that you could get away for the noise of the crowd.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Okay, I truly believe rave reviewing to be in order when you receive outstanding meals with outstanding customer service...rarely do I focus on negatives because we all have bad days, right? However, the experience we had at this restaurant was so bad on so many levels, I feel compelled to share it. There is an enormous conference in town & of course all of the restaurants are filled beyond capacity. As a tourist or a person, it is okay to say "we're full" or "we're booked" instead of sure, we can seat you in 1 hour - 2 1/2 hours from arrival we were seated and at 10:20 p.m. received our cold and undercooked food together with our cold appetizers. The manager turned his chair backwards and started to get into it with one of the guests - the guest was not handling it right either but management's behavior was out of line. Everyone was tired and grouchy and after 3 1/2 hours to get bad food made it all the worse..... Hopefully this was just an off night but it totally turned me off.