“I know they were busy but.........”
Review of The Butcher Shop Steakhouse - CLOSED

The Butcher Shop Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Cross street: Lamar
Transit: Dart to the Westend Station go North on Market Street.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Okay, I truly believe rave reviewing to be in order when you receive outstanding meals with outstanding customer service...rarely do I focus on negatives because we all have bad days, right? However, the experience we had at this restaurant was so bad on so many levels, I feel compelled to share it. There is an enormous conference in town & of course all of the restaurants are filled beyond capacity. As a tourist or a person, it is okay to say "we're full" or "we're booked" instead of sure, we can seat you in 1 hour - 2 1/2 hours from arrival we were seated and at 10:20 p.m. received our cold and undercooked food together with our cold appetizers. The manager turned his chair backwards and started to get into it with one of the guests - the guest was not handling it right either but management's behavior was out of line. Everyone was tired and grouchy and after 3 1/2 hours to get bad food made it all the worse..... Hopefully this was just an off night but it totally turned me off.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Although reservations were made for 50 people months in advance, restaurant was not ready. Food was served late without veggie medley part of the menu. STEAK quality was good, servers were friendly and did very good job. When 40,000 people are in town for ASHRAE and HVAC equipment EXPO, I do have patience and I understand but not all do.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Sat at the bar and ordered dinner. Very friendly bartender. Fast service an good food. I liked the convenient location to my hotel. Steaks are pricy but in line with nearby competition.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

New Year's Eve was my 2nd visit to The Butcher Shop. The 1st visit was on a Sunday evening in early December when my mother, sister, niece, & I just happened upon the restaurant because it was right around the corner from our hotel. The menu looked interesting so we decided to try it out. After drinks & appetizers out on their deck, we went inside to be seated for dinner & found that we were the only diners in the restaurant! We had excellent service & enjoyed delicious steaks. We felt very "pampered" since we were the only diners there & promised that we would come again.

When my sister & I were looking for a restaurant in the same area for a New Year's Eve dinner with our husbands, we decided to go back to The Butcher Shop. The prix fixe meal was fabulous...clean plates all around! Once again we enjoyed great service, great steaks, great wine & we were very happy to see many more full tables around the restaurant.

We would recommend The Butcher Shop for a great steak in Dallas!

1  Thank jadCenTX
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were walking around looking for a place for lunch when we were approached by an employee offering 10% off so we decided to check it out. I started with a bloody mary which was really great. My husband and I were trying to save room for a dinner later so we split the steakburger with truffle fries. I thought the burger was just okay - a little bland actually. But those truffle fries - they were amazing!!! We would like to come back and check out their dinner options!

1  Thank neverpromised