“Tasty Mexican Food!!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We make a point to eat here whenever in the area. A good tamale is hard to find, even in Dallas, but this place has some great tasting tamales, child and margaritas!

There are newer reviews for El Fenix Famous Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed July 26, 2013

El Felix is famous around dallas and this one is usually great, but been there twice and service is so slow and waiters switch around. Food was really good, just had to wait for refills, lunch, boxes everything and it was like 2:30 in afternoon, not busy. Still convient location but the one in casa Linda much better.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

After reading the reviews, I decided that this was a place you were going to either like or dislike, probably based off of what you ordered. Being from the San Antonio area, we are a little hesitant eating Mexican Food south of Austin. You can usually judge a Mexican food restaurant by its salsa and chips. El Fenix delivered. The restaurant was crowded. The service was really good and the food came out fast. Everything was cooked well. The baracho beans were also a hit. Would eat there again.

1  Thank Bryan B
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We heard this was a must dine Dallas landmark. My 7 yo had never tried mexican food before and now she is hooked! The service was prompt and courteous. The food was fantastic. The food was fantastic. We had the cheese tacos, enchiladas, tamales, and sopapias. The sopapias were large and very good. Our waitress told us the chipotle enchildas were hot. However, ours were not "hot" as expected, more mild. The salsa was liked by all and we purchased a jar to bring home to Ohio. We will definitely dine here again.

1  Thank type1mom
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I kept driving by this restaurant, and as I am new to Dallas I am still searching for Mexican restaurant that I can call my favorite. This was not it. large menu, service was nice. I placed a to go order of chicken quesadilla and a cup of queso dip.The service was fast. It came with a big bag of delish crunchy chips. The quesadilla was a good size and pretty good. My only thing was it was made with cheddar cheese. And it was 10.00. I am used to Mexican places doing it with Monterrey jack. The queso was okay. It was like nacho cheese (orange) with some peppers in it. It, to be honest, lacked flavor and was not worth 3.99 for a cup. I am still looking for good queso dip in Dallas. Would I go back? Maybe. but I definitely would not go out of my way.

1  Thank Mcoreo2