“Not worth it...”

Truluck's Seafood, Steak, and Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood, Steak, and Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,580 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Maple
Description: Our Dallas seafood, steak and crab house restaurant offers the freshest Florida stone crab, fine wines, full bar and tender steaks. Enjoy fine dining with our weekly updated seafood and steak menu.
Chicago, Illinois
“Not worth it...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

The food was good enough for a middle of the road seafood place, but they present themselves as something better and charge for it. The sides were overcooked, the seafood prep was very average both in presentation and seasonings. Our particular server was terrible, not remembering who ordered what and getting our orders wrong. She was also difficult to find when we needed her. The owner or manager came by to give us his card, but he wasn't around either when we couldn't find our server, and the place wasn't that busy. I don't know what other options you have in Dallas, but don't go to this place thinking you'll find something extraordinary by overpaying for what you would get in any of 50 steak / seafood restaurants in Chicago or NY for example.

• Visited October 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful meal, great service ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Went to truluck while on business and staying at the hotel Zaza. Had the seared tuna for dinner and it was amazing! The service was wonderful. I was dining alone and everybody made me feel special. Great dining experience!

Austin, Texas
“Decreasing Quantity Compliment the Increasing Prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

I have been to this restaurant at least 10 times in the past 5 years. While I understand rising prices at high end restaurants, the past year or two I noticed the smaller portion size on almost every seafood dish. I tried it for the first time this year on a business dinner, and the fish was about 40% less than what Truluck's used to serve. Quite disappointing.

Service was adequate, however our waiter had no personality. The other servers appeared energetic and attentive, so I will not hold it against them for one not being up to par.

The restaurant still gets three stars for quality, however an app, salad, and entree still would not fill up the average individual. Enjoy extra bread! This was my last visit here, as Dallas has too many other great options who do not cut corners to increase company profits.

• Visited December 2013
Roetgen, Germany
“Great Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Had a fantastic pork chop, and the steak was excellent, wine at 50% off so that we could try something special, and a really good friendly waiter

Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
“So much better!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I am a forgiving type so went back while visiting Dallas on business. See earlier review for that experience. It was the night of the 2013 ice storm and the place was quiet. Brilliant service - most excellent pork chop. I can safely say this time I will be back again.

• Visited December 2013