“Great Experience”

Truluck's Seafood, Steak, and Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood, Steak, and Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,580 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Maple
Description: Our Dallas seafood, steak and crab house restaurant offers the freshest Florida stone crab, fine wines, full bar and tender steaks. Enjoy fine dining with our weekly updated seafood and steak menu.
Dallas, Texas
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had read several mixed reviews about Truluck’s, but our recent visit was fantastic. I was asked to choose an up-scale dining experience to celebrate a special event for my aunt. We were on a tight schedule as we had another event to attend to after dinner, so I made a reservation.

When we arrived, and I mentioned that we had a reservation, they greeted me by name (I had not identified myself), and told me that the table was prepared for us, and they would be ready for us in just a moment. It impressed my aunt that they knew my name without telling them, but we probably were the only folks with a reservation that early in the evening. We only had to wait just a few minutes because the restaurant was not yet, technically, open for dinner.

When we were seated, the service was very attentive. The timing was perfect – about the time we had all decided what to order, the server showed up – as if by magic – and asked if we had any questions. He helped us with our questions and took our orders. He asked if this was our first visit, and we said that it was and we were celebrating a special occasion.

Everything else was incredibly great. The food was very, very good, and the service was impeccable. Our orders arrived accurately and at the same time.

Much to our amazement and delight, at the end of our meal, they brought out a complementary chocolate bread pudding with cherries jubilee (yes, they lit it on fire – way cool) for us to share for our celebration. This was the crowning touch for my aunt, and I have a photo of her with her special dessert looking very, very happy!

I know that consistency in the restaurant business is a real trick. And, I know that customer expectations play a huge role in overall satisfaction. But, our experience at Truluck’s was nothing short of fantastic.

• Visited August 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Truluck's One of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have eaten at Truluck's before for lunch and the meal was excellent. I decided to take my wife there for her birthday last night and the experience was awesome. The service was impeccable, and the food even better. My wife had the "date night special" $39 for appetizer, main course and dessert. She had the Hot 'n' Crunchy Idaho Trout and it was wonderful. I had the South Georgia Chilean Seabass and it too was great. Both of us had the Lobster Bisque for appetizer and loved it. We shared the Chocolate Malt Cake for dessert and it was scrumptious.

Our server, Ms. Taylor, was beyond excellent. She had an extensive knowledge of the menu items and was spot on with everything she suggested, including the wines. She was extremely attentive during our entire 2 1/2 hour stay. Other staff that assist (keeping water glasses full, etc) were also excellent, as well as those that greeted us the moment we walked in the door. About 5 minutes after being seated and our server taking our drink order, the manager appeared to welcome us and let us know he was available for anything we needed during our visit.

Not inexpensive, the price of the food, however, is not above what you would expect for the quality, and the service. My wife and I visited Landry's in Kemah a couple of weeks ago (you can read the review under TripAdvisor for restaurants in Kemah) and it was terrible - everything about it. Landry's needs to send their managers and staff to a Truluck's for a training session.

You won't be disappointed if you take the time to have an evening out at Truluck's in Dallas on McKinney.

• Visited August 2013
Jackson, Wyoming
“Bustling atmosphere in Uptown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

While the steaks are good here you can do better at Perry's or Morton's but the seafood is excellent and this place is a scene. Location is in the nicest part of downtown Dallas near the Ritz and Zaza Hotels. Try the crab cakes, plus the grilled catch of the day is always a good choice. I like the Mahi Mahi when they have it. Fun bar with good cocktail selection.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank svletas
Corsicana, Texas
“Nice Dinner Out, Great Service As Usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Quiet restaurant, great food, always good service when we're there. We enjoyed calamari, shrimp cocktail and lobster bisque for appetizers to go with our rib eyes (perfectly medium rare) and fish. The mashed potatoes were yummy, heavy with garlic. Dessert was the sugar-free coconut cream pie which was lovely. All-in-all, a great dining experience. Our head waiter told us that they are soon building a two-story Truluck's just behind the existing restaurant and will tear down the old building. Interesting news. We'll be back.

• Visited July 2013
“Great seafood and wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Very nice restaurant within walking distance of Wyly Theater. Seating is spacious and waitstaff was attentive. Strong wine list and good specials. Enjoyed the salmon and menu is also kid friendly (our two boys split an entree). Kind of expensive, good for special occasions.

Visited June 2013