“Great food and excellent service”

Truluck's Seafood, Steak, and Crab House
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood, Steak, and Crab House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 3,691 Restaurants in Dallas
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cross street: Maple
Description: Our Dallas seafood, steak and crab house restaurant offers the freshest Florida stone crab, fine wines, full bar and tender steaks. Enjoy fine dining with our weekly updated seafood and steak menu.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

A bunch of people from work went there for an evening of socialization. Most of them ate seafood and I had steak. I thought steak at a seafood restaurant? Well I almost fell off my chair when I had my 1st bite. Excellent steak.
So everyone enjoyed their food and the service was absolutely excellent.
A bit on the pricey side and well worth it.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Here's why: the service is HORRIBLE. The food is decent - the Lobster tail is good, but the mashed potatoes were not creamy at all and weren't very well seasoned because they were bland. I ordered a cocktail as soon as we sat down since it is a pre-dinner drink and it didn't arrive until AFTER my entree was served. Our waiter ignored us the majority of the time and wasn't too friendly. The hostesses also weren't that friendly. When we arrived, they looked at us like we were bothering them and then one picked up menus and started walking so we followed. I've been to Truluck's in Austin and had much better service and much better prepared food. I will not be going back or recommending the Dallas location.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Love the atmosphere and the staff is very friendly. Service was great. We were surprised that the food wasn't at the same level. The choppino had raw shrimp and calamari in it. However, the sauce and halibut were great. The steak was okay, but not mouth watering but the green beans were very good. The chocolate cake dessert was good and huge- but again not melt in your mouth. Loved the team-- just not the food for the price.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

One of the best restaurant experiences I've ever had. I travel extensively and eat out often. This it the first time I've ever had a General Manager come to our table, give us his card and praise the server we had (well deserved praise!). The manager, Noah Lucas, gave us his business card and asked us to send him "any suggestions that could help him make the restaurant better." Imagine that! The experience was so good that it almost makes the phenomenally good, perfectly prepared steak, crab and bottle of wine an after-thought. I will definitely be seeking out this restaurant chain in other cities where I travel.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Truluck's is a go-to place for me when in Dallas. I really enjoy seafood, and they do it well. Eaten there about ten times over the past five years, most recently last month.

Food: Wonderfully prepared, fresh fish. Never overdone, great shellfish collection. Killer salads too.

Service: Perfect for a business meeting or for a casual dinner. Always friendly, but make a reservation!

Atmosphere: Only criticism here is that it gets a bit noisy. Ask for one of the booths and you will have less noise.

Location: Very convenient.

Price: What you would expect from a top end restaurant in Dallas.